Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

I just finished grinding for the Challenger 2E; only 100k Silver Lions are needed to recruit the crew. I used the initial Challenger 2 more since it has reasonable speed, although it’s a bit difficult to turn left or right. Is it really that difficult to make the Chally 2 as mobile as the M1A1 Abrams? The Chally 2E is faster than the Abrams, so I wonder what the heck Gaijin is doing with the Chally 2? Probably nothing! At least in the Chally 2E, the engine sound is different. The Black Night looks nice, but the APS fails. I can assert, even without having the Chally 2E yet, that it is the best tank in the United Kingdom for those who really know how to “play.”

1 Like

It sound different as it has different engine. All other Challys suffer from horrible transmission implementation that makes speeding up and turning a pian. Iron Fist forks just fine for me and BN is my favourite one. Gen 3 TVD make a gian difference while sniping and APS weakens APFSDS on distances >1km

1 Like

No its great

I think the guy is getting shot from either too high or too low. I had multiple situations where a shot was coming from longer range and below me, that made it impossible for APS to intercept it, as it was too low.

click bait pack is $70 like the rank 7 premium jets. We dont know how many GE OEP will cost since there arent any rank 7 GE premiums in the game right now, but as long as its less than like 15k OEP will be cheaper

Challenger 2 the most expensive premium in the game, that thought makes me chuckle. (yes i know GE but it sounds better without it)

3 Likes

Has they fixed the APS yet. They broke it with the previous update where it was very inconsistency

It was working fine for me last week, against atgm at least. I will have to check later

yeah it works sometime it doesn’t some times it stop APFDS and HEAT

Still bugged. Less noticeable on MBTs because they have armor behind their APS but if you try the KF41 its still pretty obvious it doesnt work. Im pretty sure what the bug is is that the aps triggers the round and the heat jet continues on from wherever it exploded, so if you dont have enough armor behind it, it will still penetrate and do damage

Good luck with that. Finding anything out for Challenger 2 thats worth knowing is going to be next to impossible for a very long time given how state secrets work in the UK.

MOD: 1500hp engines are such advanced and modern technology that speaking of such magic will jeopardise the entire British Army’s security

2 Likes

And this is why CR3 is getting hull add-ons.

To all intents and purposes the Omani spec CR2s are the same as what the UK uses, it wouldn’t get the 1500hp engine

Ye, i lerned that lessons thanks to monkey

L55A1 CR3 gun testing

8 Likes

You can find the video Here

I think were geting CR2 LEP due to the Leo2A7V having the same gun and being in the leak list

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why it’s a big deal that they test a gun made that I believe is made in Germany (rather than a license built version) and already in service. Surely they did all these static tests when they integrated the gun into Leopards.

If it was the first test firing from a CR3 turret I’d understand?

Testing the Cr3 mount. Cr and Leo use different ways of attaching gun to the turret. That and probably they wanted to waste some ammo

1 Like