Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

If Gaijin is indeed going to add Rank 8, can we deduce that the Chally 2 LP is coming? Or is there a more modern Challenger 2 than the current ones?

Its most likely the Lep due to clip holds 6 rounds the CR3 is not even out yet and Streetfighter 2 has a brimstone which they aren’t adding into the game yet

7c507d17c465ae6a45acc668269683c1f4d99112eb44bb386d26eeaa8217bd8b
9170342e0a4fdf6343f6f87167e85c0945ee4dac7b345d77aff0c5176e98a3fb
There are two challengers. However, it is unlikely to appear in this update.

4 Likes

Especially if its rank 8

Front looks good.

Back of that turret looks like it was an afterthought.

It’s more likely to see this Challenger 2 LEP which would essentially be a copy-paste with a slight change in the weapon’s appearance. Therefore, Gaijin could add several identical tanks in a single update, like the possible T90…With the new turret of the Challenger 2 LEP, they could release, a month later, an armor upgrade kit or the option to research and purchase a new turret

1 Like

Just played a match to remind myself the pain of the CR2s in game.

Other than the usual, slow, heavy, not so mobile behemoth…only saw 2 tanks the whole match, enemy had 3 SU25s, 2 Helis and 2 Drones up at once.
Had to abondon my hulldown position and hide amongst buildings to avoid being free rp for casRB players.

Buying the premium CR2? Hard no, DOA.

5 Likes

Given we don’t know the armour effectiveness I think they can just change the current turret composition from Dorchester 2I to D-Technologie armour as is found in the later leopards if it happens to be an issue. Given it is upgraded by Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land it should be at least equal or better.

The armour should be good given C-Technologie armour on the Leopard 2A4 can reach 900mm KE thickness on the loaders side of the turret.

1 Like

<rant>
Imagine adding a premium TES which inherits the incompetant implementation of the ch2’s gearing and thinking it’s a good idea.

Playing top tier, and watchign BVM’s drive around like goddam go carts and you get this lumbering piece of shit which can’t even turn because the developers messed it up so bad and then just left it to rot. Well, it’s not a great experience.

When you do finally manage to trundle your way to the battlefield and put a shot into a BVM’s ammo carousel and it does sweet FA then he just turns and nukes you without even having to aim, well, it’s quite dishartening.

So yeah, I don’t go higher than 10.3 which is a shame and I’ve not even been playing that as they still haven’t fixed the stomer after breaking it 5 months ago. No rush or anything lads, not like it’s an important vehicle, I understand you have to adjust some aircraft’s radar by 0.0001 microns or find a NATO round to nerf based on very questionable data.

</rant>

11 Likes

Wholly agree.

10.3 is my cutoff for brits, the CR1’s are more fun.

My line at the moment is CR1.Mk3, CR-DS, Marksman & Stormer.
Grinding the T90S for it currently. Hoping we get the Stormer AD soon™ so we have a good SAM/SPAA combo for that BR.

4 Likes

Get the Vickers Mk7. You will survive less things in it, compared to Cr1 (there are some docs that say its turret should have simmilar protection to Cr1, but we will se if ift goes somewhere), but it has L26 and it zooms around nicely.

4 Likes

Alo im going to laugh my ass off if the OES gets the armor fixes, while TT cr2 goes unchanged

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the MK.7/2 with the revised armour scheme too. Such a shame we didn’t build our own hull for that thing.

1 Like

I still think the CR-DS should get L26 and go up to 10.3

2 Likes

Armor fixes and the upgraded engine.

Can only dream.

Yes, but it wont happen

It seems like engine is a no (even tho all Cr2 can have it). Armor is the thing

My only hope is that selling a premium version motivates Gaijin to fix the armour, then carry that fix over to the TT versions.

Then again neither the Sea Vixen, not the Lightning F.53 were enough to get Red Top fixed.

2 Likes

Sadly. That is why i wish, but im sceptical at the same time about armor

I love how Gaijin have crapped on the ch2 for so long that our expectations are pretty much zero.