Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

so just a OES as they gajin says it never had that engine or that there’s no primary sources that say it does

Is there actually any evidence for that?

I do not have any on hand but ive seen it on the net for sure
I cant find it now, and im not in the mood to use wayback again.

Doesn’t have the MTU engine of the 2E or the commander’s thermals. Uses CV12-8A like the Titan/Trojan (T2) engineering variants of Challenger 2

It’s an odd mix of things: Mostly the same as the British Army’s CR2 but Challenger 1 tracks (for commonality with CRARRV), cooling system from T2 (big fans behind a redesigned grille at the back), the air-conditioning unit from CR2E (vent on the side) and the .50 cal for the loader.

Ed:- Omani CR2 doesn’t have CR1 roadwheels - only tracks. Seems these are the 1990s spec CR2 wheels. I was only familiar with the modern day perforated wheels British CR2s have apparently had since 2005.

2 Likes

Can somebody tell me, from what year is the OES we will get? Im trying to look for some sources, but i dont know around what year i need to look around

Could be 2008 or it could be later

The TES we have is from 2008, so OES should be later. That is a decent chunk to look around but here i go

so what CR2 is more likely for the TT Streetfighter 2 or LEP

Well. Tbh at this point we are now it is LEP. SF2 has brims, and we are far from them. LEP will be a CR2 we have now, but with L55a1, gen 3 TVD and stronger turret armor(if we take a word it is) with stronger mantlet due to lack of TOGS

3 Likes

LEP as street fighter is just a CR2 for what it’s worth

but dozer and brimstone

I don’t think they will model brimstone yet.

Dozer is waste of weight and the brimstone launcher won’t do much looking at the current implementation of hellfires and spikes where there a buggy mess

1 Like

Well, they are likely to be a buggy mess as well, unless snail decide that mmv seeker will hit things

Leak list called it OES 2018 I think

1 Like

Interesting. I will use that well

Got excited seeing a prem chally 2 announced.

Remembered the pain of playing the TT chally 2s.

Sad again.

Chally 1s have better hull down survivability in game IMO.

If they fix the CR2s & this prem one comes in ‘fixed’ I may be tempted.

1 Like

While Cr1 turret cheeks are pennable, the turret profile is smaller and the gun mantlet is also a small target, making it harder to kill

3 Likes

gib

6 Likes

properly the one we would get after the LEP