Challenger 1 MBT - Technical Data and Discussions

yeah well, I’d need someone with a decent knowledge of RDX to prove that. I can’t prove that myself.

That said, I do know that L31 HESH had some sort of Wax and another composite within it, which I can only assume helps with the inertness.
Unfortunately I don’t have a name.

there is the centurion avre famous explosion. i was reading what happened and it took a long time for hesh to detonate after the fire that started

1 Like

I mean Hesh is basically C4 iirc which is quite innert

It is RDX and somthing else but mainly RDX

3 Likes

HESH uses RDX with a small percentage of wax to plasticize it.

While the war heads may be fairly inert I think the game going down the path of making any HE or propellent inert will not improve gameplay at all.

No one wants to make propellents inert. If HESH is inert is thould be in game, but charges should blow up like they do

1 Like

Oh trust me there are people that want newer propellents made inert. Making HESH inert under the pretext that it is RDX options a bad precedent for all RDX based HE shells. It’s not good for gameplay, even if you think it would be good for the Challengers.

Well, that would still require a few thing. First the tank has to have the RDX shell modelledin the model, and it has to be 2 piece ammo. If it is not modelled it changes noting, and if its 2 piece the propelant is still in there, so it would explode normally.

1 Like

There are tanks like that, and it would be horrendous for gameplay.

for example?

1 Like

Tbf I get your point, shooting Russian tanks just for the ammo not to go off is never fun…… I just want the hesh rounds at least as it was a decision made irl to increase the survivability of the tank by having nothing in the turret that could go boom. And also make shit that does go off apart from fuel always go off when it turns black, adds far too much luck involved in the game even if it is unrealistic.

2 Likes

Guess what, the ammo bug is still here and I think it’s gotten worse. Just got ammo racked by a round that hit the ammo in the back of the turret. I’ve just had enough of this bullshit as they implement one update then the very next one they take it away. It’s a coin up if a feature is going to fucking stick with gaijin.

This was in the challenger mk3 as well witch we thought didn’t have the bug.

2 Likes

Please save the reply and the clog. We need EVERYTHING when it comes to the ammoracks

2 Likes

How do I go about that

The clogs are in the game folders, so once the match finishes just close the game and find the latest file in the clog folder

How long do they stay arround for or do I have to move them to another folder to not lose them.

Forever i think, just rename it challenger ammo explosion or smth, or copy it to a new folder

Just did that from the game, I’ll try and put it here latter, had to take a brake and do not want to look at anything wt related rn.

Huh? Didnt know you could save clog from in game, i only thought you could with replays

I renamed it in game.