Challenger 1 MBT - Technical Data and Discussions

No, the charges will explode, just the bin gives crew time to evacuate. 1 charge might burn out but the others will be affected by i causing a chain reaction

No I agreed. But that’s when they hit multiple in a row which makes sense. But when one piece of shrapnel makes one charge go orange and it detonates your tank is when I have a problem. I shoot Russian tanks and I see 7 rounds go black all at once and thier fine but aparently when I get an orange charge I just blow up. It’s not a great game mechanic to have rounds have a chance to explode as this happens. It’s why I would rather have it so all rounds will explode no matter what as soon as they go black. Have the chance to go when they are orange and shit but not black.

Ahh right, coz from what i remembered i thought it was fine as long as you didn’t take any hesh at all.

Nah, full darts still blows. And if you take full hesh and shoot the back rack it does not explode. What is inside does not matter, model does

1 Like

If you can demonstrate that in a video and point me to the report I can add it internally.

What part, the cheek darts exploding or type of shell not changing anything?

All HESH rack doesn’t explode, and then All dart. Testing the various locations.

All hesh and all darts both explode. It’s the rack behind the cheek on the left. A video was posted here a month or two back if u want me to find it.

Some of the things are in my report
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1AIN3A0cnBY3

In which case you’ll just have to wait for a fix.

Yeah I just checked again. Says it’s a known issue so it could be next update, it could be next year….

Yea, we all do. The topic just surfaced again. It is bound to, as people who do not know it is reported get affected by it and come here to get info.

2 Likes

All sabot.

Weve been waiting on that fix for 6 years nearly

3 Likes

Shir 2 and Mk.1 Challengers had this additional plate added, for reasons unknown. It’s gone by later Mk.2 production vehicles. Unclear exactly what it is, but its not solid. There’s an example of one on a DTT that has a large dent in it, appears to be just a thin standoff plate with an unknown purpose.

The Gulf war kit later adds a ~25mm spaced plate and later CR2 kits have another similar looking applique without the angled edges with an unknown composition.

It has been reported by Westland iirc. It’s 5ish months old. Myself and some of the other Brit lads put together a duplicate report and it was acknowledged as such. We’ve still, as far as I know of, had no response or corrective measures.

it is kinda surprising such a fatal flaw is such a low priority fix that its 5 months later and still no response.

The other thing that bugs is that some of the rounds are modelled as HESH, regardless of whether there’s actually any HESH or not, and as such explodes when detonated. Although, that is apparently a game limitation.

1 Like

Ironic considering HESH is pretty inert itself. You can set it alight and it wouldn’t explode but with some wires and you got yourself an explosive.

If you can prove to gaijin that RDX is inert we can make it not explode

I could maybe find a picture of a guy eating plastic explosives. It’s a “hazing” thing they do where they tell you to eat it and then say it might explode. It obviously won’t but it may show gaijin it doesn’t explode on impact. I mean if it did you would think the hesh round wouldn’t need the fuze at the back to detonate it. Plus it’s said u can use it as a fire starter if you don’t have any of the solid fuel stuff.

3 Likes