Challenger 1 MBT - Technical Data and Discussions

Not gonna lie, I’d rather take a lump of concrete than whatever the hell they have done for HESH.

3 Likes

The Blue Circle round.

You just know gaijin would still make it explode when hit.

“Concrete contains nitrogen and oxygen, which explosives have too therefore concrete explodes and besides, it’s not concrete its boomcrete in the rounds”

2 Likes

Blue Circle round lmao

How about, Red Square, for when the Russians roll on us completely in WT

1 Like

Screams in horror

2 Likes

Bro got ground down to 20%

It’s a chieftain turret which makes it more cursed

Challenger 1 VARMA armour report
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XjZOqesJYDXe

Could anyone check /clip the sounds for Chally 1?

You mean the engine? If so then it is the same as Cr2

1 Like

Passed. Now we wait

Have we still not got any response to the sabot detonating on the Chally 1? had it again yesterday, unfortunately i lost the report link

1 Like

Nooooope

1 Like

Does that surprise me? no
Does that disappoint me? yes

I’m gonna keep pinging them asking why we still haven’t had a fix or a devblog until they do…

And forgive the cynicism but if Gaijin Devs had not been so… idle or careless (for the want of a better word) then maybe i’d leave their poor forum staff in peace and quiet

1 Like

Reckon this can be used to improve the hull armour? https://youtu.be/3ikfWxElJWA?t=459
Shown to easily defeat 120mm apds from the chieftain, and is stated that the array in the test is a less advanced version of what’s mounted on chally.

Very rough pixel measurement shows it to be about the same thickness (~360) of the hull array on the chally (330; 200+50+80) and is angled the same as the hull:

For reference, current performance of the hull armour against the same shell in-game goes right through:

1 Like

Interesting find but I don’t know if we can get anywhere with this. We know all of the Challies are underperforming but how do we make them change it to working order is beyond me

the same video also explains that the ammo bins have a fire suppression mechanic, is this already modeled in game?

Regarding gaijin and British stats, unless you give them a minimum armour value with backing you won’t get anywhere. They may know it’s underperforming but since they don’t know by how much they won’t bother doing anything…… it’s a lot of fun trying to prove something impossible.

They used to be wet storage but was changed to simply be expansion chambers allowing for the charges to burn instead of exploded. Neither is modelled in game.

no idea what happend here :D