Challenger 1 MBT - Technical Data and Discussions

Ironic as the cr 2 is missing any spall liner around said gun. Which is not fun considering it’s the place everyone shoots you.

2 Likes

yep, gajins spall liner placement has been quite random in places, other examples are the Leo 2s left turret cheek which randomly doesnt have one, or the M3A3 Bradley where it has a very small one to protect the drivers upper body XD

2 Likes

I just report the CR1 Gear issue
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/qF1I5UtxGUE1

2 Likes

“In 2005, the United Kingdom’s Defense Acquisition Agency awarded BAE Systems a contract to develop a new tungsten penetrator, known as the CHARM 2, or L28A2, for use in both the L11 and L30 high-bore guns. The L28A2 has a modified propellant and barrel from the Reduced Range Training round (RRTR), and utilizes the stock, threaded structure, and tail design of the L27A1, but its tungsten-nickel-cobalt core has a similar piercing length as the L28 and the same full weight as the L23. The L28A2’s companion propellant has been tuned down to the L11’s 32 tons of recoil, so the muzzle speed does not exceed 1550 m/s.”
Is it possible to include this ammo in CR1’s ammo stockpile?

No, because CR1 was retired in 2001. It’s a non-DU round developed for export to Oman to replace their L23A1 so would only be found on Omani tanks.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/291494058_UK_moves_on_120_mm_round_for_Omani_tanks

Yea, like that matters in this game.
Example: Turms-T uses Mango, even tho it never did.
Shells are added for ballance purposes, so we wont get any new rounds due to ballance

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4gwNpMzBagcI
Challenger 1 should have L35 A1
?????
Is there anyone interested???

6 Likes

Is that canister shot? Man, one of my favourite rounds of battlefield 1. It would probably fuck up light tanks but then again, why would you need it over BESH. Hold on, planes…… this would be amazing at killing planes that are coming in your general dorection lol.

1 Like

It will not be very useful, but it will be interesting

1 Like

Should be an option, just for a laugh.

How much pen does it have? Im wondering about shredding BMP’s?

Enough to “HIT” a Ka 50

3 Likes

ON, fast mover 800 FIRING! BOOM

oh so its in the tens of thousands then

1 Like

It’s half inch round balls that go at Mach fuck and hit like a truck. I would be surprised if it didn’t vaporise anything it’s shot at with armour less than 40mm.

2 Likes

Snail looking at delulu UK mains trying to add buckshot to the game
Haha GIFs | GIFDB.com
Well knowing that shot creating more than 5 entities at once would cause irreversible changes in dagor
Helltaker Beelzebub GIF - Helltaker Beelzebub - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

we already have shrap rounds in game… and they work at varying degrees of effectiveness

1 Like

Me hunting BMPs for sport

3 Likes

I had forgotten about that. Imagine watching a buck shot round flying over your tank and then suddenly dying as the amount of entities caused the game to desync. Happens already with spaa.

Honestly they could just give us the concrete filled Hesh practice shells that were used to great effect in house fighting. I mean a few kilos of Concrete propelled at supersonic speed is bound to do some damage, which might be more than the current Hesh implementation in game

2 Likes