CAS only mode (poll)

Pretending as if you can lolpen the BVM UFP is not criticising the BVM it is you defending the BVM by trying to gaslight people into thinking it suffers from the lack of armour that other tanks do frontally.

Pretending as if russian ammo has a 100% detonation rate when there is extensive evidence that it is does not and using this as an argument to defend russian tanks is not being honest.

Pretending as if the rest of the thread that KA-50 screenshot was taken from and the multitude of posts you have made about it after that can be searched in your post history does not illustrate you pretending that it is bad is not being honest.

All of the above is you gaslighting, which you have been called out for by multiple different people on this forum quite a few times. You do nothing but defend russian tanks and try to gaslight people.

This is the last response you’re getting from me, you’re wasting your time so go gaslight elsewhere.

1 Like

damn you’re getting notified if comments you reported get edited, TIL

Would that not be ARB if ARB actually meant something in terms of gameplay?
Air battles in War Thunder are like something from the early 90s.

This is basically just the same poll as “Ground only mode?”

Because if they added a ground only mode, the OLD Ground RB would simply end up being 1) CAS players, and 2) SPAA players. So it would effectively be a better version of this mode you’re proposing here (since it’d be PVP, and one with counterplay, not PVE)

Ground only mode and CAS/SPAA-only mode go hand in hand.

I do think it’s a good idea, but it would just be a redundant good idea with the other good idea that would already do a superior version of this indirectly, that’s all.

I love playing CAS, and I love shooting down CAS.

See, like this guy right here, for example ^ would love CAS vs. SPAA mode, more than CAS PVE mode. So you wouldn’t need both.

Nothing in the OP said anything about preventing a whole class of planes from being brought into any aviation game mode. It only asked about a new game mode, not any change to old ones.

1 Like

OP is suggesting a game mode that is cas only, aka strike aircraft only. Similar to if they made a game mode that is medium tank only.
If they want to make a better air EC, that would be cool.

1 Like

Yea they’re asking about creating a game mode with only a specific type of vehicle in it. Again thats not going to happen.

I think the OP’s issues would be resolved with an Air RB EC mode with respawns or a combined arms PVE mode.

A hyper limited mode like what the OP wants would be DOA.

Let us remove tanks from groundbattles and all problems are solved …

1 Like

Yea they’re asking about creating a game mode with only a specific type of vehicle in it. Again thats not going to happen.

It literally just happened in March 2023, a few months ago. The most recent mode Gaijin added was one with only a specific type of vehicle in it…

Personally I was answering above why I think there’s a slightly better and more convenient idea, but OP’s itself is decent and fine and realistic as well, tbh. I see no reason to doubt it as possible. If anything, they’re moving more TOWARD that sort of mode recently.

What new game mode are you referring to from March 2023 that only allows a sub-sect of vehicles into it?

BVVD was asked about something very similar to this during his last Q&A and said “No. Not for a permanent game mode.”

This may leave open an event but he was pretty clear about this.

Also, the whole idea just doesn’t make much sense. It is extremely niche, and is ripe for abuse by botting accounts…

Gaijin has indicated some interest in a PVE mode with some form of Combined Arms.

So if you want something more passive so you can grind through CAS aircraft more consistently, i would heavily suggest pushing for an all-inclusive PVE mode.

What i would NOT be doing is wasting all my energy on something that:

1. has already been rejected…
    1. would be boring AF like Heli PVE.
    1. is tailored only for a very specific community of
      CAS players that can’t handle Air RB…

Why not push for something that would benefit CAS players AND other players that want more passive gameplay?

Rather than alienating everyone who doesn’t play your very specific vehicle that you’re struggling to grind through.

Oh look… Another bloody waste of server data.

This would be pretty impossible to do. What defines a CAS aircraft? What’s to stop people from using a fighter or simply an attacker as a fighter? Even if there’s no rewards for A2A, people are still going to go for free kills. And where’s the fun in farming ground bots? War Thunder is a PVP game, after all! Just play ARB, the two modes would be essentially identical. Or test flights if you really don’t want to be shot at.

Exactly! Most people dying repeatedly to CAS are campers in OP positions. Just move around and CAS will rarely find you, unless you’re driving something like a Maus or TOG lol. Similar to you, I almost never die from CAS. So much so that I can distinctly remember the last few times I’ve been CAS’d.

The exception, of course, is early guided weapon jets (A-4E >:( ) and some helicopters that outrange SPAA at their tier.

Nope, early 90’s means actual flight sims. They might look like dog pile now for sure but an actual flight sim is what you got (if that is what you meant).

M1A1 Tank Platoon
Gunship 2000
Silent Service
Gunboat

Those are some other miltary sims. Thing being there is no money in it, not enough to make a PvE game and PvP will always be problematic. Proof being there aren’t that many options in 2023 compared to back then, at least without having to fork out A LOT of cash. Hence why there is War Thunder and very little competition, or many trying to challenge this.

I’d love to see modern takes on all the above, and the many others that existed back then. Of course those were the days of 300 page manuals, and I loved them!

Not totally on your point but that’s what I consider when looking at various aspects of this game.

I play actual flight sims, they’re called MSFS, War Thunder, and DCS.
But that’s off-topic.

Helicopter PVE is the most recently released game mode in War Thunder. I may be off by a month in my date or something.

BVVD was asked about something very similar to this during his last Q&A and said “No. Not for a permanent game mode.”

Okay well they were not in the loop/misinformed, I guess, because again, the most recent permanent game mode added to War Thunder was precisely this thing: a PVE mode for only one narrow type of vehicle, with no combined arms.

1 Like

Ground assult is not very much used they could make it more CAS.

EDIT: actually its not being used much because its to difficult, so adding more CAS to it will benefit everyone

Heli is not a narrow type of vehicle in War Thunder. Its an entire tech tree for each nation. CAS is not separated into an entire tech tree. Its a part of the aviation tech tree which has several modes dedicated to efficient grinding.

Yeah i agree there should be more game mode options at the upper tiers of aviation but limiting it to a CAS only mode because you’re having trouble grinding out some slow CAS planes is ridiculous.

Again if were going for PVE, why not advocate for a Combined Arms PVE or even just a pure Aviation PVE. Why the hell would anyone want a “just CAS” PVE?

Combined Arms PVE or a true Air RB EC would be great to see.

Also, Heli PVE was introduced because matches were so sparse for PVP and because of the BR gaps, uptiers were super common for Heli PVP so there wasn’t really a way to grind lower tier helicopters at all.

This is not the case with CAS. CAS has several modes that can be used to grind pretty efficiently.

My biggest issue with Air RB right now is that the whole mode is designed around people addicted to the grind.

Between the ridiculous 16 vs 16 and the auto ticket bleed we have right now, the whole Air RB mode has been so watered down and has had all strategy removed from it so that people can grind more efficiently. Some of us actually want to have fun and got passed the grind addiction years ago.

There are WAY more CAS planes than helicopters in game. So, great, I’m glad we agree that the new mode proposed by the OP is not too narrow to have it’s own mode, then.

Again if were going for PVE, why not advocate for a Combined Arms PVE

Because combined arms is super unpopular in War Thunder. Why would you keep doubling down on the most unpopular mode types?

or even just a pure Aviation PVE.

We literally already have that

Some of us actually want to have fun and got passed the grind addiction years ago.

What do you suggest? Or rather you should probably make new thread(s) for that more than answering here.

Im not sure if you’re using a translator or just not understanding something here but you’re pretty off…

Heli didnt have any feasible mode to grind at all…which is why heli PVE was added. Also…it just happens to be an entirely separate tech tree… unlike CAS… not to mention the definition of CAS is super ambiguous. Is an F16C CAS? Cause it certainly can be argued it is…

Combined arms is literally the most popular game mode in War Thunder - Ground AB and Ground RB are both Combined Arms…

We DO NOT have an Aviation PVE mode…

Ive said what i suggested several times. Either a PVE mode that combines Heli and all of Aviation and maybe Naval or…

Air RB Enduring Confrontation mode with longer match times, respawns, a ton of rolling PVE objectives, etc. Similar to Sim EC but maybe with a couple of changes. Idk about the 2.5 hour matches. An hour would be fine and i would personally prefer a spawn point respawn system based on BR and weapons load, rather than free respawns in whatever you want.

Air RB EC could also possibly have Heli in it too if implemented correctly.