Man remember when they made it so 151s could 1tap medium tanks and attacker players still couldn’t figure out how to win
What BR is the 264 now? 5.0, and it could come up too I can’t deny it.
And now Airfields can’t be destroyed, in fact they don’t even pop up anymore.
But I suppose one a plane is broken it can’t be ever experience happyness.
But bombers aren’t inmune to cannons, y’know what you needed to kill them? Follow the little loading screen tip “shoot at a bomber’s engines, it won’t get far without them”
So if we crank back bomber health we can tackle the problem of lackluster tutorials and practically clueless playerbase by adding a dedicated bomber hunter tutorial, even just merge with a “shell types vs different types of aircraft” tutorial.
See how the solution doesn’t always involve “remove this”.
So it was rare…
Yet it was removed? It’s like I actually took down a certain 5.7 heavy to 3.7 because the armor “doesn’t work” (it has a skill floor)
Did said strike planes ever think of “maybe our objectives can be more spread out to avoid a “all fish in a barrel” situation?”
“Maybe I need to accept I am an actual priority target because I am important to my team early on”
“Maybe I need to know when to turn back to avoid calling too much attention”
“Maybe this specific strike plane may need to come up it is too effective early on!”
Bomber players too, currently they think health should be puffed up so much they can just fly into a base.
No you still need to make smarts routes and climb if your bomber can, maybe if it climbs really well (Ki-49 or M.B.162 for example) to reduce interception or is very fast (mosquito bomber) I can fly in a line, but how much payload do I carry for the BR? Pretty mid isn’t it?
Same with Ju-288C, most players don’t know you can actually climb really well in it and then rapidly dive back home, yet currently you just see them dive and try to return with no speed nor altitude.
See that’s an issue, does that mean like feetpics said that now 151s must deal NO damage because at one point they used to do this?
Look at the past when you want to revert to a previous version.
Yes. That was peak WarThunder.
It still didn’t stop people from complaining that attackers and ground attacking was irrelevant.
The win condition was on a silver platter and troglodyte ground attack players couldn’t figure out how to do it. Bombers are no different when pressing spacebar doesn’t result in immediate win and they might have to land the plane at some point.
Yup, tail need to be stronger. But also, after YEARS, severe damage should be fixed so losing elevator actually counts for something, instead the current solution where black horizontal stab = severe despite full elevator authority being retained.
Also P-38 should take severe damage via losing wings
Yaks should not be happily maneuvering wingless and nose control while stalling at 100km/h IAS shouldn’t really be a thing.
Another one of your little grudges?
Maybe actually tell them about teamwork, maybe show a 5 second marker above each objective or a small cutscene like a lot of games do.
There’s a fully sentient human behind those planes, you can teach them stuff and not simply tell them to “fuck off” or call them “enemies in blue”.
Pretty funny over 90% of air battles issues are fixed by actually teaching players isn’t it?
I’ve had an encounter once with a newbie on a P-40 on the enemy team while I was spading I-16 Type 24, basic clueless US player rant, “my plane turns like crap”, “is super slow” (didn’t know difference between acceleration and top speed).
I told him most US planes play on hit and run or “boom and zoom” and then told him stuff like “don’t take headons if you are above your enemy” and “you accelerate very slowly”, last moments of the match he applied those rules on me after I dropped to kill it’s teamate and completely cornered and downed me, saw the leaderboard, 2 kills to it’s name.
It’s that easy to make a new player actually ready for real battles with a nice and short explanation about terms it should be familiar with.
No need to dumb down an entire aspect for them or even determine BRs thanks to them, just basic tutoring to let them know “planes are flown different”
They don’t?
I mean Yaks are pretty infamous and I even flew them but I don’t think you can maintain serious combat capability unless your enemy is completely distracted.
I mean normal icecream will taste like that if you were used to your icecream having crack in it.
The system I proposed still alows one-shots by pilots snipes, even without AP shells and to an armored opponent as an landing a shell next to the pilot or even near it will still result in damage to him.
You can also shred off elevators or cut off control of said surfaces, if it a twin engine design you destroy the powerplants and see it ran out of power and crash.
Even if your shot isn’t the best, if you connect a shell there will be effects, reduced agility, energy retention and top speed are pretty obvious, damage engines are no joke, hell even leaks of oil, water or fuel still add an automatic timer to enemies and eventually force them to return to base which is predicatable behaviour you can use to know where they plan to fly at and try to cut their path and position yourself for a better fire position.
It’s not making explosive rounds useless, it’s like telling them to leave room for other shells.
Even those shells with a lot of filler (mg151/20) still have downsides (outside of ballistics), where they would need more precision but would reward more due dealing more focused damage.
Maybe it was F82. Anyway one of these planes loses a wing and it doesn’t count as severe. I might by misremembering, though.
I mean, stall control in WT is absolutely ridiculous, makes energy traps a lot more difficult to pull off, and I don’t think that’s a good thing. It, along with insane accuracy and power, makes energy fighting a lot more risky and thus further enforces the “press S to win” meta, because learning to energy fight is not easy (I can’t energy fight for shit after like 9-10 years in this game). I don’t think we really need to artificialy make it even more difficult by making stall shots extremely effective. But I might be wrong and I surely am odmff topic :P
Click on the red things in the middle of the map is not a hard proposition to figure out.
it could be fun if done correctly
but uhh
we all know that this is gaijin and they will not make it in any way fun
You think that’s all there is to strike planes?
Trying to avoid being intercepted via trying to predict enemy movements, calculate when to pull off from an attack run to avoid being in a furball early game, try not to call too much attention and keeping track of all players to run towards allies for a safe escape route.
It’s like I said fighter players just need to make ballistics calculations, we both know that’s not true, but it what you working towards if keep current damage simulations.
That you can’t push an advantage when your enemy is missing control surfaces, engine power, suffers from extra drag, it’s leaking any type of fluid. Fragmentation means 1 shot will cause a lot of issues at once, it’s not just “I remove rewards”
Making this meme just shows the only basics you know is “missed” and “dead”.
When you took that “hit” screenshot, did you actually bother to think you hit somewhere vital?
You hit that enemy somewhere where’s there’s something actually important?
Because I never said make cannons useless, they’ll look useless because you are wrongly used to a kill to be given to you almost everytime you land a shot.
“It’s not making explosive rounds useless, it’s like telling them to leave room for other shells.”
That’s my cause.
high chance they’ll completely break some completely unrelated core aspect? probably.
But it just needs small 2 patches to fix and ready.
games ended in 5 minutes with no chance of shooting them down
OR you had a very small probability of doing so without getting pilot sniped by aimbot terminator gunners
Just a few years ago, a 3-man squad of Wyverns could end matches on tickets before you could get to them IN YOUR FIGHTER
this was somewhat rare but just like the BI, nowhere near rare enough to make it a non-issue
this is what EC and NT are for, fighters can already do 90% of a ground attacker’s job
Helis are fundamentally un-balanceable vehicles because (in-game) they exist purely to destroy tanks and their only survivability comes from not being able to be hit while having the ability to be stationary mid air, which requires you to out-range your enemy or be able to do extremely fast pop-up attacks with FnF weapons
So one player can exist while functionally invulnerable, in what is a PvP game and gamemode in 99.9% of cases, requiring MULTIPLE enemies to counter him, and you think that’s good gameplay?
lol
They did! By removing forward airfield AAA.
They did! By forcing you to USE IT instead of letting the game play itself
They did! They just removed it in all new-ish maps
How many posts were there about the two premium Su-30s in the last BR change thread? I don’t know the number, but there were enough that one of the community managers addressed them specifically.
Says who? I’ve had plenty of fires go out after being hit with cannons. Same with .50s.
That was a fantastic time to play 190 F8. When the enemy notices what’s happening, they’re already so far down on tickets they might just lose on passive bleed before the timer is up.
For some reason the Type 99-2 cannons have VERY high damage against light pillboxes so you can kinda replicate this effect. They die even faster than in that P-38 video.
I see you got yourself killed to someone stalling.
I’ve literally come out of sure death situations by just headon after headon, really skilled I suppose?
I’ve made pretty clear I started to try different classes of aircraft and I don’t really bother to play to win anymore.
Still, how would it make sense for such a mid player like myself to ask for a higher skill floor? which is what im doing. im currently on the horsing around mode and doing random crap like trying to timed fuze rocket enemy planes.
Bring stats but i’ve proven my point, only accusation I can take is im currently pretty mid at WT.
And was it a (specific vehicle issue), because is as if I made yaks completely useless because the Yak-9k caused chaos on tank battles or the Yak-3U making some questionable BR dodges.
It doesn’t make sense, find an individual culprit and focus on it, be it the map/s or aircraft/s
And if it was the maps, maybe don’t inmediatly attack a core aspect? Maybe try to pinpoint which maps suffer from it the most and at worse case scenario, which map design rule we need to overhaul, example putting AI so clustered and with barely any separation.
Is the same argument that ended with helicopters being dead on the water.
If you just take the easy way out and merely make said class irrelevant in won’t actually fix the problem but create a bigger one.
Current problem, you need to grind out entire lines of aircraft in order to advance ranks, maybe it is better to try and make them fit back in normal battles in order to make your time worth it?
That’s why they had their OWN gamemode, which currently is is basically ruins and very unfun?
Said enemy used teamwork to reach said situation, teamwork is bad apparently.
and you say “LOL” as if you literally just said that once again +500 different aircraft deserve not being relevant.
Incredible! Mean WT will eventually listen if you threaten their income.
What about the super easy to reach AI units you people complained about?
Didn’t think to maybe also those need revision? It’s like if ONLY 1 zero variant came down and all the “Zero overtiered” stuff evaporated.
AI gunner rework, not gunner view.
One step forward, now you need 3 more.
That’s called removal and also even old maps were updated, I think Britain was the last stand of destructible airfields (maaaaybe a rework to not make them an instant win condition but a setback to the enemy team by delaying repairs or AAA until it is “fixed”? See? It’s not just a delete hammer fo fix stuff).
You need to spend time to fix stuff and not just simply throw in the bin. You are happy by a “fix” that just took a dev to open the WT engine and remove all instances of “airfield hitpoints”.
And where are the complains now? See? it will be buried if you don’t keep pressure on.
At least a Su-30 thread would be appreciated being kept in shape would help?
SU-30 Premium BR issue - Game Discussion / Realistic Battle - War Thunder — official forum
For such an enormous issue it really the thread doesn’t want to keep pace.
And we know those BRs or loadouts more specifically are in until they can pay the tax evasion fine and pay for the bails the hungarian police put on them.
“wow landed a shell on my cowling instead of my wing and didn’t kill me”
What came next?
You can technically kill light pillboxes with 7.5mm even, and stuff like P-47s or A-26s shred them as easy as the modular BTR-152s if not easier.
23mm also shred them a lot, basically any firerate burst mass above fast firerate 0.5kg burst mass can kill them in a small time window
Funnily enough even a 102mm from P.102A will not realibly one-shot them, somehow?
Normal pillboxes are inmortal tho, even bombs, or maybe just normal sized bomb will not kill them.
And when you played it, did you just blaze forward, shut yourself from outside stimuli and hope no ones comes. Because that’s what I see most strike planes do, rarely will the actually go and actually makes themselves worth your time, same with bombers who sometimes just fly +2km of altitude difference at the early parts.
Or did you try to show yourself as an inconvinient target? Like be far away or only be spotted under allies whom naturally cover you?
There was skill involved, and when you saw an opportuniy even swooped in an enemy plane to avoid them killing your allies or AI?
Spoiler
Unless you meet freshly baked 6.3 US team (literally only winning on K/d vs stuff like 234s)![]()
Those F8Fs and P-51s will come from across the map the moment they realize you are an inferior plane and you are a little bit below them.
But how common is that?
There is a skill floor no matter what, yet players don’t realize those exist 90% of the time and pray on luck to survive, only players who didn’t were fighter player because the nature of their aircraft.
Sadly this ends that when changes stomp these aircraft no one notices
For example did you know wyvern recieved a fm nerf so bad it can’t reach it’s top speed anymore? (also I can’t find it now for some reason), that’s why you don’t see them anymore, not because it’s OP days are over as if a similar situation to XP-50s, but because they completely neutered it and removed the one upside it used the most.
how did the yak even fly below 100km/h IAS without entering is unknown, maybe it was when yaks could fly w no wings?
And I checked and both P-38 and F-82 recieve severes like planned from missing wings ![]()
The “damaged elevator counts down a severe even if still attached” is true tho
But still, you are way to used to simply blame the plane instead of other factors like map design (AI units are too close to each other or require almost no skill to get to, like at least they could be nestled deeper inside enemy lines) or approach to certain aspects (airfield bombing was very poorly planned because low tier planes don’t really like to reach above 4.5km altitude in a reasonable time window to intercept 2 F.222s or fast 3 Ju-88s (how is the A-1 variant still 2.0 is an enigma) with full incendiary loadout at 4km of altitude).
Even if airfield destruction was rare.
