Very specific, it was only every bomber with a decent payload and every attacker with good enough guns.
Don’t bring dedicated gimmick interceptors? You lose to the bombers. Leave the attackers alone for just two minutes because you might be busy fighting some of the other 16 players on their team? You lose to tickets.
Which they did.
They overhauled it by removing airfields as a target and making it so there’s both more tickets per team and AI attackers no longer cause ticket bleed.
Helis are also terrible against other helis, and pve modes always pay poorly - because they’re pve and cheesing the AI is easy. However they’re apparently being added to NT.
“teamwork” where one person shuts down the entire match because of a magical damage bubble?
Most likely never gonna happen because any system that allows you to get kills by being AFK is terrible and for the time being gunners are fine in any mode that isn’t Sim
Everything that needed to be said has already been said. It’s clear gaijin has no issue with them being 13.3.
I’m saying they destroy them FASTER. Much faster than P-51D with 6x .50s.
yes actually, and it worked great
line up on a convoy, hold the trigger down, enemy just lost 6-700 tickets in seconds
still does almost 660kph at sea level and has 1200rds of 20mm
The topic is energy traps, so he was already pointing straight up. Still keeping nose up at 100kph is pretty common there.
Where have I blamed specific aircraft? wyvern squads were very much a thing since it was a premium attacker with near infinite ammo and very high speed, so it was the best at doing it. But you could achieve the same results with others, just slower.
Even if you didn’t outright cause the match to end due to tickets, the huge advantage was often enough that natural ticket bleed + AI attackers doing stuff + players getting shot down would cause the match to end much sooner and while people were still fighting.
There was nothing worse than being in a good fight when suddenly the match ends long before the timer is up
So lets remove repairs and third person because that would be better for the game!!!
Mind you, WT tanks are MUCH more survivable than IRL ones are, people don’t want realism, they just want a second chance because they are bad players who want to soak shots they shouldn’t :)
Usually one penetration was all that was required to make the crew bail and even structural damage/a jammed turret would make a crew bail etc. But at the same time APHE in game was far more lethal than it ever was in reality that promotes poor gameplay/terrible aim.
Tell that to the side that wanted the historical nerf of APHE, the side that was winning the vote until certain YouTubers got involved and screamed because they wouldn’t be able to one-click delete tanks any more.
You can also tell Gaijin their game isn’t about realism when they literally require multiple real world pieces of evidence to adjust a flight model or weapon.
If you just go vertical, you can still aim at ridiculously low speeds, as plane still responds to controls. Maybe 100km/h IAS was an overstatement (will have to test it), but I myself have performed some ridiculous snipes while basically helicoptering and I think this isn’t exactly doable IRL, I may be wrong.
I wonder if the twin engine twin boom fighter thing was ever real, I THINK it might have been.
Anyway, at least plywood bug 2.0 and HE randomly not doing anything ,(especially painful in 30+mm SPAAs) are still a thing and nobody cares, despite the whole high damage thing being SO DAMN IMPORTANT. And I find it mind boggling.
hey
i might or might not disagree with iegaatdao on this topic
but even if what they say is objectively wrong
even if that is the case
statshaming isnt the way dude
I did the most stupid mistake of dropping too early, I went completely unpunished.
Seriously, those players made less mistakes than me and not as enormous blunders as me yet I came out on top.
You can deny 90% of positional disadvantages by just making a stall shot.
And that’s without knowing plenty of factors like your firerate, filler and armor penetration, or your enemy’s armor layout and thickness.
I’ve told example how it makes “improved” version of aircraft practically at the same level as their “weaker” variants.
And once again, neither it is not unpunished, taking down flight performance and put pressure on the enemy via making leaks, damaging controls or power (engines). And even then you can still take down with a fuel fire no problem because all shells have a firechance.
If you have even MORE skill you can shut down an engagement by killing the pilot, engines or tail controls.
It will not end like this
(I wish I had taken more screenshots when cannon damage completely broke, but this was from a 190 attack)
Because you assume flying a plane like this means the same as flying completely clean, it isn’t.
And this is because my plane is big otherwise my pilots would have been shredded, but in this state I couldn’t gain altitude or manouver to hard because I lost too much speed.
Needless to say I only survived because the F-2 decided to park behind, try to brute force a tail breakoff instead of aiming at my engines or larger fuel tanks to cause a fire and was shoot down with just 7.62mm defensive armament.
And if I was in a fighter I would needed to turn back too (If I survived) leaving my team with 1 less pilot. And when I come back I lose out on more SL (out of action) or find my team dead.
I am indeed punished. But it is as most heavy tanks play in tank battles, armor will save you reliably if you don’t put too much responsibility on it but the moment someone does catch you lacking hard (like acting too confident for your armor) you die.
Same reason trains were removed in some maps was because they suffered the same issue
Maybe it isn’t very smart idea to put the people meant to defend the objective +10km away from it and making them take off (10-15 secs) while the dive bombers/attackers were practically given a free start and put closer.
You also have economics, attackers cost like half price to repair, they can do their job like crap and still make decent money.
No one in the clear here, attackers had easy to reach objectives and still complained when they just flew forward without thinking.
It’s like I made light spawn 10 secs before anyone so they can cap every point.
You don’t need gimmick interceptors, those ones are just able to skip the process of attacking dedicated modules and instead just shred enemies, but for A2A combat they are very outperformed, of course if they land their 30mm or multiple 20mm they come alive but at that point it was a mistake from the enemy to die to an opponent they outperformed so hard.
And that’s we talk about planes like P-61s or Do-17 Z/J/N, most cases those dedicated interceptors can be used as normal fighters (VB.10s,J5N1, F-82, some 410s) But let’s see, they also tend to have more armor than their smaller peers, more spread out modules and usually catched pretty easily without a considerable altitude difference in their favour (except P-38 because it’s kind of weird mix)
So there are considerable differences in gameplay even inside the “gimmick”.
Match will end sooner because attacker have their small objective next to them while their interceptors need to literally take off first and fly +7km towards them.
“gaijin there’s a serious inbalance because strike aircraft are literally given a 2 minutes safe window for even a rabid super focused enemy to reach them”
You see with the L-39/ART now, you are barely taking off and you already see the kill feed flooded by them.
I feel as some of you are underestimating how much work the instructor is doing. When your aircraft gets damaged, it’s either dependent on the instructor or the poilet whether or not it goes down. Personally I wish there was a slider on how much the instructor helps you.
My next point is that it’s very hard the gauge the power of cannons or any gun in general when each aircraft is different values, and different flights models.
How about we start with the core of the problem and get damage models fixed, gaijin lately has been responding to issues, but only when they get to a certain point. So how about we as a community makes a list of things we need solved, and start with the top of the list.
That is a factor I won’t deny, but also the perfomance hit you take when damaged is also being downplayed, even without somehow no leaks it would be pretty noticeable to see how your opponent now struggles to keep pace with manoevers or chases.
Spoiler
Additional DM issue I found recently, if you rip your canopy the armor values on it won’t update.
(Still same level of protection as if I had the canopy on.)
So our Fw-189 here still has those 8mm of steel armor around the cockpit and the 75mm armored glass panels.
i will stop doing it when people who lack the ability to play the game properly stop demanding massive changes to the game that ruin what i find enjoyable about it
and now attackers are basically useless since they’re getting to the ground units at the same time as the fighters, with no ability to get a few kills in before they sweep in
in the later half of the game if you have numerical superiority the fighters can just do ground attack themselves
those are night interceptors and the latter are based on medium bombers
none of them are truly armored
J5N has respectable armor but only in front of the pilot, 410s have spread-out thin armor that only really protects against small caliber weapons, the other two have nothing worth mentioning
this is not the issue, the issue is being able to end a match in sub-2 minutes by shooting stationary targets that largely don’t fight back
Also:
The Ho-103’s killing power has been compared to cannons very often. I was shooting at a P-40:
…With a belt that is 75% HEF and 25% AP-T. That AP-T has been derided as being ineffective due to its low velocity.
You can see once again that having AP is BENEFICIAL to faster killing times and it’s faster than “just blowing off their tail”.
Focusing on what requires “skill” is the wrong thing.
It’s like the players who play modern vehicles and see how much easier it is to use everything compared to older tech, so they associate the comparison in “skill” needed to operate something powerful and that skill should be scaled to how powerful that something is, which is the wrong answer.
Not everything is going to take a tremendous amount of skill and even if it did, that doesn’t make you a better player neccessarily, you simply just worked with what you got.
It’s like for example, why WW2 gameplay doesn’t transfer over to modern combat, completely different skillsets and mindsets you have to learn. The core concept is the same, but alot of variables have changed.
Which is also why I tell people that just because 1 player grinded from bottom tier to the introducty top tier while the other bought a premium to get into top tier, doesn’t neccessarily mean one will be better than the other. As they both now have to learn a completely new realm.
When it comes to guns, especially on planes, the only factor of skill is if you can simply aim.
Make a bug report and send it. That said I can’t promise changes will be made instantly as Gaijin can take 42 years to implement something (the snail logo is very apt).
Another way to confirm that Gaijin still cares about realism is to just read the patch notes, you’ll find changes with the real world evidence sometimes from the vehicle’s operators manual.
Considering you had to put a solid burst in to kill the pilot and I can put 1-2 20mm’s or a single tap of the trigger into a tail to rip it clean off says otherwise.