Can you get banned for using any type of sound mod in public battles

i want to use a realism sound mod but ive been told in the past that there was a high chance that my account would be perma banned for using all sound mods. i have been told recently that you can use some mods without being banned, is there some truth to what they said

Given there are posts such as this from the company:

Also referenced is the Warthunder wiki page on how to implement them, or create them if you want:
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Sound_modifications

Sound mods should be ok for the normal random battles and such.

I don’t think they can be used in official Tournaments though.

1 Like

I have personally used RCSM without any problems. You just get a notice in the top left saying “sound modification enabled”

2 Likes

No. It’s all client side. Bit of a grey one for WT tournaments but besides that, normal matches, customs your good to go.

1 Like

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

In all seriousness, you won’t be banned unless you’re talking about tournaments.

1 Like

you just can hear missiles futher, than without sound cheat mod

1 Like

I wouldn’t rely on the opinion of anyone in this matter. If you are like me, who spent +5000 hours and thousands of EUR, you wouldn’t gamble on a chance that anticheat decides tomorrow to flag sound mod as forbidden modification. Some people got banned for using Reshade. Gaijin might decide tomorrow that certain soundpack gives you advantage and boom, you are gone.

Enlisted is changing anticheat, same thing probably coming to War Thunder. The new anticheat might flag necro files in your WT folders. I don’t know. Things like Counter Strike Source or Arma 3 I had heavily modded, but that’s a few EUR game and it was encouraged. I wouldn’t risk it in WT. The only file I ever dared to modify was the controls scheme.

1 Like

Gaijin should really be more transparent when it comes to different (potentially) bannable offences. They state that a user cannot have more than one account, yet I constantly see YouTubers creating and using second accounts for various reasons and Gaijin are not banning them.

2 Likes
4 Likes