Can we stop throwing bones to air abusers in ground realistic?

Yeah, I’ve been playing more GRB matches of late. I am by no means good. But I just don’t get killed by CAS all that often

which is why doing CAP with Gripen nowadays are fun usually i got air kills steak in GRB than i do in ARB lol

Most of the time it just means your Team neglected taking care of the enemies Air or was outplayed and now the enemy is simply reaping the rewards of having been more skilled / your neglect.

Majority of times it only takes 2-3 maybe 4 on your Team dedicated to deal with the Enemies Air and you are good.

1 Like

Haha ,yeah, I’m holding off using that currently. Running an 11.3 only line up results in a lot more downtiers currently. But getting plenty of air kills In the Gr1 and F3

The odds are very low that you’ll even experience matches where most of your deaths are from CAS. Can they and do they occur? I don’t doubt they do - My personal experience can speak to it, but I can guarantee that the majority of player deaths experienced consistently in GFRB matches are from other tanks.

1 Like

a team only needs one “Ahmed” to shoot down all the planes, but this will not help the team win a ground battle. This is a fact. This is the “thunder paradox”. hehe

Yep, only thing annoying me regarding CAS at the moment is the nuclear rockets on the Su25. Everything else is not really much of a threat. Heck I think I’ve gotten more helis kills than been killed by a heli in the Chally 2

1 Like

Not on its own but it will help greatly when your Team doesn’t have to worry about Air. Its a Team Game, people have to play more like it and more in synergy with each other and what the Game offers them from MBTs, AA/SPAA, CAS, Light Vehicles (very useful if you have someone scouting) and so on but many just play on their own like a Solo Game and leave the second something goes South.

If Team sucks, you suck, everyone sucks and nothing helps thats just the way it is sometimes. Some battles you win some battles you lose

Which bones exactly are being thrown at plane users? So far they received:

-Increased spawn costs
-weapon nerfs
-game mechanic nerfs
-their ability to cap was removed

The only “bone” they got since the game was turned into a combined arms game is the scouting discount.

7 Likes

You forgot about overpreassure which buffed air

1 Like

The bone that a player can appearently just die, and be given enough points to throw him into a cas plane. How exactly is that “increased spawn points”? A do 355 is heavily armed. Its hmg’s cna rip through most roofs.

Spawn an SPAA or fighter and shoot them down, they won’t have any SP left and are completely out of the game, simple as that. Or continue about your day - if you hadn’t died to a plane you would have to a tank so what does it matter? If you want some tips on how to survive CAS I made this guide. It’s intended towards new, inexperienced players but you might find it helpful.
Plus the M41A1 is American and the 335 is German so it wasn’t the same guy nor “revenge CAS”.

1 Like

Yet many AGMs still just “hit”, and not even crit hit. Like the AGM-65 or Hellfires.

2 Likes

Doesn’t change what I have said

1 Like

And ground vehicles…

That is just the result of ground units SP requirements being lowered by 2/3.
Aircraft SP requirements reach from 550-950 SP eithout the scouting bonus.

Not against air, while overpreassure buffed air when it comes to fighting ground units

1 Like

Yeah, I actually think the SP costs are too high for certain aircraft/loadouts.

CAP is insane expensive these days. Tornado F3 with no CAS power at all is now over 600 SP and tornado Gr1 with only unguided bombs Is about 700ish I think. I semi-get GBUs and PGMs being the nearly 900 SP, but unguided bombs as 11.3+. Are not nearly as big of threat, especially on the currently gimped Tornado. There is just no balance for CAS SP costs. They are way too high.

1 Like

However aircraft have been made a lot more vulnerable to explosions. I remember that in the beginning it was possible to drop huge bombs without a fuze at very low altitudes, whereas now even a 250lbs bomb dropped from below 50m without a fuze is suicide.

It was changed long before overpreassure mechanic was implemented

Except most SPAA’s don’t have the range to deal with heli’s. At least not around BR 7.7 till 9.3

3 Likes