Can we finally uptier the 2S38 to a BR where it sits with it's contemporaries or will it always be an underteired meme?

Gaijin next major update: No worries comrades, we have listened and found ze perfect solution
New 2S38 with missiles is 10.7

(Old one is now 9.7 since inferior without missile)

2 Likes

One of the biggest Noobtanks in the game.

No active Radar but hey, it kills better aircraft as gepards in AB

The thermals are a problem at 11.7 because everyone can see me but I can’t see them.The shot speed alone should raise the 2s38 to 11.7 with the same pen as HSTVL…… Russian’s “oh but the HSTVL HaS aN aDvANtAgE bEcAuSe it’s sMallER………”

Get out of here with that crap. You can’t compare a worse vehicle at 11.7 from 10.0. I thought you were crazy before alviswisla…

The HSTVL firing speed requires excellent side shots(unlike 2s38…BRRRRTT) at its BR to get the kill before they kill you.

Again, everyone wants to hold the USA back from having a strong vehicle and they wonder why when they’re on a team with the USA they
Always loose…… other nations also-
“USA players suck”
“USA has stupid players”
“Team with USA? I’m outta here”
“Wow WTF……USA? Come on”
“About to loose fella’s, we are on team with USA”

Edit: I meant 11.3(HSTVL). I lost my mind with all the bullsh*t in these comments.

4 Likes

2S38 at 11.7 would require HSTVL to be 12.7, which doesn’t exist for ground yet; along with putting Strf 9040C to 11.3.

HSTVL is faster, smaller, more armored, superior ammo, and superior optics.
The better thermals of 2S38 isn’t enough compared to those other factors.

2S38 is inferior to American prototypes. I know you think Russia’s better than America, but that’s not the case in reality.

Oh so its armor is a problem?…….
😂 😂😂😂😂

The 2s38 should be at 11.0 and the HSTVL should be at 10.3

You must be a super amazing player, you seem to stand alone in your experience’s.

How can the 2s38 be that much lower? All of the areas it lacks in - it makes up for in other areas- firing speed and pen being the biggest unbalance vs the HSTVL which gives the 2s38 the ability to get kills the HSTVL can’t……

You should not compare the HSTV-L and 2S38, but you should compare their specs against the opponents they can meet. In this case, HSTV-L can’t pen anything, even side armours (especially the soviet ones for some reason and makes no spall). Meanwhile 2S38 basicly pens anything it fires at any angle at any range.
I am playing with 9.3, and there is not a single battle that I don’t see 2S38, and also I play with HSTV-L, there is not a single battle that I don’t see pantsir. 2S38 90-100% getting downtier while HSTV-L 90-100% getting fully uptier.

And there is another thing, HSTV-L got destroyed basicly any shot it takes from the side, while the 2S38 can survive almost all side shots if the round is APFSDS.
On the other hand, the HE side, 2S38 is the most overpressure resistant tank I’ve ever seen. shot couple of times with 155mm HE and it survived. only the HE works against it if you can hit the top of the turret.

I had a moment that 2000 lb GBU guided bomb landed right underneath the 2S38 and I got a “HIT” message and thats it. I saw it thrown to the sky like 20 meters due to the explosion of the bomb under it. It survived with a little bit of “Yellow” tracks, which caused by the fall to the ground. lol, so yea…

4 Likes

okay, i’m just saying thats not unique to the 2S38 unfortunately. the counter is to pop a bomb right next to it.

not saying that its completely bs as a tank more generally, but that’s worth bearing in mind because that’s not a unique issue to the 2S38.

The rest of what you’ve said, I can’t talk about the HSTV-L, but what you’ve said about the 2S38 is on the money.

2S38 is slower, larger, worse pen, and its optics don’t have 1x for closer ranges.
And no, my experiences are shared by thousands.

@StickyDeccal
Compariative analysis requires one to compare like-vehicles.
2S38 is most similar to Strf 9040C, however it does have more pen than it.

One can go hull down and expose the turret without worrying for loss of crew members while other has one crew member in the turret. Sure, it’s just commander but having full crew is always better than having bare minimum to operate a tank.

Also it would be slightly incorrect to say that 2S38 ONLY has better thermals. There’s also the LWR. A very handy thing to have at high tier battles.

EDIT: Another thing to take into account is that HSTV-L will almost never get a downtier, being stuck in that most immediate lower BR next to top one, aka the “Black hole”. 2S38 meanwhile enjoys a fair chance of downtier to 9.0 where it wreaks havoc.

1 Like

HSTVL- 275mm of pen- reload 1.5
2s38a - 225mm of pen- reload .50

It can shoot 3 times for every HSTVL shot with only 50mm of less pen.

1 Like

Again, what are you arguing for? What is your stance? The HSTVL should be lower the 2s38, can you agree with that?
NVM, I’m wasting my time on your outrageous Russian bias. I’m done replying to you. Anyone else disagree?

No, the HSTVL is a superior vehicle by far. USA made a superior anti-tank weapon and that’s replicated in the BR.

The fact you claim the HSTVL is Russian is hilarious.
Your posts are all embellishing/defending Russia’s inferior equipment.

Where does that player claim that though?

I’m defending HSTVL against obvious slander.
Which means he’s implying that HSTVL is Russian due to my position of defending HSTVL being obvious.

You ain’t really defending anyone here
And you still keep, like most here, comparing the tanks which were made for different duties
2S38 is more comparable to Begleitpanzer
Both are armed with rapid firing 57mm cannons
But one is premium and has lot more modern tech (IR tracking), crewless turret and APFSDS

It’s because of that APFSDS that it should be higher in BR.

Yeah, give Begleitpanzer an APFSDS round and remove its TOW launcher and it’d be 10.0 as well, partially cause it’s slightly weaker in other areas than 2S38. [2S38 should be 10.3 as I said prior.]
Begleit is 9.3 as is, and people claim it and 2S38 should be 10.0 without APFSDS.

I was claiming your Russian bias!

You’re not defending the HSTVL. You’re defending the 2s38.