Can we finally uptier the 2S38 to a BR where it sits with it's contemporaries or will it always be an underteired meme?

I don’t think that the 2S38 should be at 10.0 right now. Probably around 10.3-10.7. It is better than the HSTV-L right now. 3x faster reload and facing vehicles at lower BR brackets. the penetration in this situation is proportional to the vehicles they face.

Yes, it is. 10.0-10.3-10.7-11.0-11.3 Is 4 brackets higher than the 2S38

Yes, this is true. That is why I think the OTOMATIC should either be dropped along with the HSTV-L Or they need to raise the 2S38 2 brackets.

Again, the penetration really doesn’t help with the tanks it faces. The armor is horrible anyways and will not stop any rounds at this BR. Even as maximum angle, most rounds at 10.3-11.7 are going to penetrate this. The armor really doesn’t help.

What are my rules?

2 Likes

with the penetration difference being so little, and the tanks it faces having much higher armor the higher volume of fire from the 2s38 will be far more effective at taking down tanks from the side, even more so now that spall liners are a thing

2 Likes

Spall liners only work on first shot, and both pen side armor.
Making your point moot.

my point is still perfectly valid if not more so, first of all spalling damage is equally bad for both rounds, for that reason only the 2s38 has the advantage because again with the low damage they both deal having volume of fire is better, my point is even better when you consider the fact the first shot of the hstvl does nothing when hitting spall line, the 2s38 has an advantage even in that regard because again because they both have bad damage having more Volume of fire gives a bigger advantage than 50mm of extra pen.

1 Like

Alright, that just makes the 2S38 better than the HSTV-L:

HSTV-L:

1. Shoots spall liner, breaks it
  2. Has to wait 1.5 seconds to shoot again without spall liner interfering

Within that same amount of time, the 2S38 does this:

1. Shoots spall liner, breaks it
  2. Has to wait 0.5 seconds to shoot again without spall liner interfering
  3. Has to wait 0.5 seconds to shoot again without spall liner interfering
  4. Has to wait 0.5 seconds to shoot again without spall liner interfering

I think it actually makes your point moot.

9 Likes

I have stopped posting in this thread @AlvisWisla is legit straight up trolling, making up his own rules, stats and just discards everything that doesn’t fit into his reasoning of why the 2S38 is fine where it is.

Pointless to continue arguing with this dude. Invest your time in something that doesn’t turn your brain into mush.

4 Likes

someone please make a bug report on the 3UO8 high explosive shell.
its not a HE-VT but a Multifunctional shell. in WT it should be a HE-TF shell. if anyone has the docs make go get this cockroach nerfed

3 Likes

Yeah I know, at this point I don’t respond to change his mind - moreso just showing anyone who visits the thread that he’s obviously wrong.

1 Like

I’m being called a troll for defending HSTVL and wanting 2S38 to be 10.3… hmmm.
That’s a take.

@SpeclistMain
I wanted Stinger and Mistral corrected; didn’t you argue against that? If not my bad.

The fact that @MantarochenMax claims 2S38 is fine where it is in order to claim that I’m provoking others for wanting 2S38 to be 10.3…

Have you lost touch with reality?
Do you hear voices?

You are arguing in favor of the 2S38 since fucking 40 pages and now “everyone else says the 2S38 is fine where it is”?

I mean we all know you’re trolling and I won’t waste my time with trying to reason with you based on stats, logic and gameplay, but jesus this is sad.

What is this flipflop maneuver supposed to be?

3 Likes

@MantarochenMax
I’ve exclusively responded to those defending 2S38. My stance never changed and you can see that from my initial post here to this one.
I’ve stated many times that 2S38 should be 10.3 in-line with HSTVL & Strf 9040C’s BRs.

NATO fans aren’t provoking or baiting you.

What? I’ve literally made like ten posts on how the Stinger and Mistral are modeled incorrectly in game.

Well a 10.3 HSTV-L is still overtiered but better than what it is now

2S38 is drastically inferior to HSTVL.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been telling a lot. I assume a big majority of the new Roadmap suggestions containing HSTV-L vs 2S38 comparation including my suggestion. And yes, most of the unclassified documents I found on the open-sources telling the HSTV-L has a Proximity shell for using against aerial targets. And also the shell (Delta 3, used lately Delta 6) penetrating at least 400mm at a range of 1000m in the documents.
The only thing I assume is the sales for the 2S38 is too high. They will probably take care of the issues when they see the sales going below a certain threshold. If the sales ever does that.
it’s just what they did on Begleitpanzer too.

1 Like

I’ve raised the issue before. They aren’t interested in actually dealing with him.

4 Likes

Again with you comparing apples and oranges…
The two aren’t really comparable

The closest equivalent to 2S38 is Begleitpanzer 57 which luckily doesn’t have APFSDS. If it did, it would probably be 11.7 already… Another thing Bagel lacks is the IRST track which 2S38 has and in game can (in theory) lock aerial target 10km away.
Sure, Bagel can be AA but you have to manually lead the target yourself while 2S38 does all that for you. All you have to do is fire the gun.

As I said in the BR changes topic, it’s close to being jack of all trades. It’s very good for air but it’s also very good for ground and you can switch between being AA or AT pretty much on the go. Not to mention what menace 2S38 is in downtiers.

10.3 least for 2S38 but 10.7 would be more fair. It still wouldn’t struggle.
Just my two cents

4 Likes

No, if Begleit had APFSDS it’d be ~10.7 - 11.0 due to its TOW missiles as well.
IRT doesn’t impact BR when the anti-air capability is lower than its BR.

Eh, TOW (or I-TOW) Begleit has would play negligible role mostly because tanks at these BRs have ERA and composite armor and the aforementioned TOW (or I-TOW) do not have tandem warhead or proximity detonation. It would mostly be due to it being able to fire APFSDS very rapidly

Well TOW missiles are the reason many IFVs are the BRs they are.

Of course but M3A3 Bradley (probably best example) has TOW-2 and its derivatives (Tandem TOW-2A and down detonating TOW-2B)
Begleit only has TOW and I-TOW

Also Begleit isn’t an IFV