Camera from tank gunner sight should be forced in GRB

If barrels were divided into sections and frontal hits did not disable firing, but rather only reduced long-range accuracy, I would then say it would be a “good game mechanic.” So long as going for the barrel tip of the guy you can’t pen remains a valid strategy, I will never see it as a good mechanic.

1. Doesn’t change the fact that the light tank should have an option (albeit a difficult/challenging one) to not get shot.
  2. Shouldn’t matter at all.

I didn’t know 7.62mm MGs didn’t exist anymore, I’m pretty sure those are larger than 5.56mm MGs…

Which is a bad thing because?

Except the IS-3 and Maus would be completely unbalanced if they go any lower.

I asked “What other option exists? Also why should a heavy be frontally invulnerable/not have weakspots (to reasonable calibers)?” It’s implied that the tank you’re in should be enough, and specifically most people complain that light tanks aren’t completely useless except for shots that are 90.0000000000 degrees off the side.

A round denting, penetrating, or ripping off portions of a barrel should definitely put it out of commission.

Again, you’re the one limiting people’s choice in what tanks they should play.

Tanks that can’t pen - AUBL/74, C13 T90
Tanks that can pen, but will only get one of the two gunners - M36B1, 6614, 2S1, ELC bis, Pbv 501, Ikv 103, M-51, M47, ST-A1, ST-A2, ST-A3, Type 61, Type 60 SPRG, Ratel 90, Conway, Charioteer, Type 63, Type 62, SU-122-54, ASU-85, T92, M46, M56, M50
Tanks that can pen and oneshot it (or can kill both gunners) - AMX-10M, Zachlam Tager, Type 60 ATGM, Ratel 20, FV4005 (must get very lucky with volumetric), AVRE (must get very lucky with volumetric)

Notice how most of these vehicles are still helpless even when they pen the Maus?

1 Like

Watch this video. This man casually kills every King Tiger and Jagdtiger he comes by from the front by one tapping their MG port. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Increase in skill so its a good change idea

1 Like

Aral sea ,I loved that map

Just play arcade if you don’t want forced gunner sight :p

Not like that is the only things that seperate the two modez anyways.

1 Like

Just play sim if you want to be forced to use the gunner’s sight. Realistic is meant to be a balance between sim and arcade, and being forced to use the gunner’s sight should be a sim-only thing.

2 Likes

This game mode is called « realistic », not « less arcade » so it should be realistic.

Be able to shoot a 2cm weakspot at 1km only because barrel sight is absolutely not realistic.

2 Likes

The game mode is called “realistic” and not “simulator,” it has enough realism to not be arcade but not enough realism to be sim.

1 Like

Besides I don’t wouldn’t be as much as a game changer as people think it would be long term especially when you can still aim third person and use custom sights that easily account for it, average players would adjust to it over time and decent/above average players would be mostly un effected just more of a annoyance

3 Likes

Simulator ? Even simulation mode is not even simulator level …

You want real simulator ?

• Commander can be visible and be shot when use commander view
  • Can only shoot with gunner (can’t with commander view)
  • Can’t control turret with mouse but with up/down and left/right
  • Much more smoke when shoot and can’t see through

Etc etc …

Si no. Only gunner sight when aim is not simulation level …

1 Like

You can’t be in third person when stuck using the gunner sight.

Sim in War Thunder: Gunner sight is forced.

Yes, forcing the gunner sight is one of the things that simulator entails in War Thunder.

Sim , only allows to use specific tanks from specific eras, which in ground rb i incredibly tedious due to having tanks that are captured or lend lease.

Now forcing to use the gunner sight isnt actually a bad idea it would actually make things change away from the zoomer, cod mentality gameplay weve slipped further and further into.

Further, the way scout drones work, the way spotting works and fighting in cities isnt realistic anyways, GRB slowly but surely is sliding more arcade style, just look at air RB its now just basically AAB+, due to any suggestions of realism just being kicked down.

2 Likes

The thing I like most about the gunner sight view is the huge puff of smoke when you fire the gun. If implementing gunner sight is too big a leap, I’d love to have the option to turn on gun smoke when it fires from the boresight view. Currently just watching the round go downrange is kind of lame.

2 Likes

I used this for years in RB, eventually I gave up because all I was doing was making the game harder for myself.

2 Likes

Yup, always have thought this, removes tons of cheeky spots, and makes you second guess your shots.

1 Like

Would stop folks insta pixel hunting as soon as they glimps an enemy.

Need to actually aim a lil

1 Like

Yea… getting my barrel insta clipped by some kid on adderall and gfuel is not funny anymore

1 Like

I mean its realistic, we dont have big red diamonds like in ARB, or AGB, yet can put a camera in the gun barrel.

Im saying this and use shit like the chieftain n challanger 2 which paralax are major 😂

1 Like