BVR is meaningless in a game mode with endless respawns

They have more time between die and be able to kill smb

As I mentioned before in another SIM topic, current map sizes do not give players time to plan and make strategy. In BVR (I will take as reference DCS BVR fights). Both teams or sides have enough time, in other words:

• Attacker has time to locate and gain altitude, to fire fox3s at optimums
  • Defender has time, also to locate, notch-defend(if pilot thinks fox3 is already on air), then also back fire his fox3.
  • Because the map size is small, everybody has enough fuel, in other words, you do not need to plan your fuel consumption. just takeoof fire missiles (you will find the enemy very quickly) then fly back to base)

At the moment, this what most players (also me) do; take-off (generally you know where the enemy is) then as soon as you takeoff, your radar automatically see the enemy (even RWR starts to inform you just after couple of seconds you takeoff) and fire fox3s immediately.

In the light of the current speeds at top tier, the min map size should be around 160x160 (200x200 will be perfect).

Additionally, the maps should also indicate some SAM sites (which are really working) around each team bases, with current fox3s, base camping is still valid. In other words if you plan correctly you can easily kill enemies while they are taking off.

1 Like