Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

Which sources provise that it MUST have it?
And what will be changed? Name?
That will not change amount of Track files to guide missile. That was changed on VEP, which is on Su-27SM

Rwr - still, sources

And when you will fine them - go to bug report and make it.

With Jaguar situation is different
It just gives targeting pod, not a change in radar/maws/etc

Or maybe then give this opportunity to everyone?
Or only chinese can get massive upgrades by modules?

You’re just arguing for the sake to argue, go somewhere else at this point lol.

It just gives targeting pod, not a change in radar/maws/etc

The cockpit is also modified which is a visual change, this can easily be applied to the exterior of the aircraft.

Visual, but not massive change of everything.

My brother, the J-11A and the J-11B also have near identical exteriors besides the placement of the MAWS.

J-11A 11230 (current one we’ve got in-game - Thailand exercises)

J-11B Late

ussr players when they don’t have the most powerful air to air missile for 2 patches straight:

5 Likes

Beyond correcting flight models and fixing up the stock grind (which desperately needs to occur anyways), there’s nothing to do unless some new mechanics start to come about.

Personally I think its past time that Electronic Warfare got added to the game, since as it stands its not implemented in any capacity. It would cause a massive BR shake up, but it would also make numerous craft be more faithfully depicted and would in numerous cases, improve balance. It also means ECM pods.

F-15C and Su-27 both have internal ECM, but the F-15C has fewer ECM addon options. Su-27 very much is able to boast about it via the wingtip pods. It means giving up some weapons capacity on the Su-27, but it also means having a usable niche again that you can focus on with Su-27 gameplay. Most other top tiers also support ECM pods in varying forms.

4 Likes

Russia: stops being the most dominant nation in the game

Russian players:

7 Likes

This is blantant and patently false. The R-27ER has a time to target and impact velocity advantage which greatly exceeds the AIM-54 in essentailly every case. Try again

5 Likes

ECM is largely irrelevantbonce the missiles start flying. It provides clutter to prevent reliable locks, but most missiles in game at this point would just begin Home on Jam function if it caused a missile to lose tracking. In many cases this would actually make notching missiles harder if you had the jammer one. Imho its a waste of develompent time.

Edit: also lmao, the F-15s ecm suite far exceeds any capability the wingtipbpods give the Su-27

Time to target ? What that even means ? That it can reach it maximum range faster ? Impact velocity advantage ? What is that an armor piercing round ? This makes no sence

If you dont understand these terms and what impact they have on missile combat, you are too stupid to have a discussion about their performance in game.

1 Like

Don’t rely upon that for much. Jaguar Gr1B also had an upgraded RWR (full target ID capabilities) but we have yet to get that upgrade, even though it was reported about a year ago iirc.

Id also not put it past Gaijin to add the J-11B as an actual aircraft at some point. Gunna be a lot of filler aircraft in the near future I reckon.

Yeah ? Then am giving AIM-54 100 scores of being cootie-patootie which makes it the best missile in the game and if you don’t understad what is that means and how important it is that’s your problem being too stupid

Sure, there is home on jam. Not going to deny it. But it’s a lot less precise method of targeting since its bearing only, and disengaging the jamming at the right time could disrupt the track. The bigger reason to include it though is how it affects engagement initiation. If you cannot be sure of your opponents position with radar until their either in burn through range, or worse, WVR, that gives a huge boost to other weapons, and other assets.

Beyond that, I am mostly hoping to just have an idea that aids in allowing air to air combat to move closer. I do enjoy my dogfighting far more then the prospect of tossing and dodging missiles with people I never see.

EDIT: Also should be noted that with multiple craft jamming in concert, home on jam can become less reliable.

LOL phantom better than SU-27SM and MiG-29SMT what’s next? Tornado F.3 better than SU-27SM and MiG-29SMT?

3 Likes

Next stage is F-4 EJ Kai better than entire soviet TT

4 Likes

Though that begs a good question. Could the EJ Kai use ARH? I mean it’s an APG-66 So there would probably have to be some of software update or something to do that. And a rail attachment on the pylons. Also am I wrong in thinking that it used AIM-7M and AAM-3?

No, thats early 66, cant into arh

Yes, loadouts are 7M + AAM-3.

Fat F-16 then.

Sorry, JASDF never launched active radar homing MRAAM on F-4EJ KAI. F-15J MSIP and F-2A access AAM-4

I guess F-4EJ KAI from japan tech tree would be first fleet in 1984 before AAM-3 in JASDF service 5 years