Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

You sure that must be for R-73?
Any docs/etc?

AAM-4 is pretty near to 120A, basicly more range because of battery at least

The AAM-4 has more drag therefor shorter range than the AIM-120.

But R-27ER still can be used as “long hand”, by same way as phoenix/etc

The AIM-54C is significantly better than the R-27ER for longer ranges.

Yep, it have more drag because of diameter
But better booster
And it missing sustainer, yes
But it still be near to same capabilities

Kind of, but phoenix easier to dodge by energy

Explain orbital striking 9M carriers.

No, it isnt. It is underperforming. “More range bc battery” when 120 is faster:

And 9Ms dont care about your flares from quite the long distance, no?

Wrong. Being able to just spam CMs makes it far harder for someone to get a solid lock.

Not even comparable missiles.

8 Likes

Its about how fov reduction works irl, which is applicable to missiles with the same mechanisms

1 Like

When you fly high by yourself missiles can sometimes hit by better angles(from top)
That also matter.

Nearly same speed on all tests.

Read again, i already stated that
9m easier to dodge at close
R-73 easier to dodge at long distances

Preflare matter, but mostly radar lock counters that.

In game uses for same stuff
Ah yes, sometimes smb just spams phoenixes as hell.

Still R-73 can be different

like that’s ever gonna happen. Magic 2 especially receives a buff every 1 year, in a decade it will have its real performance

Idk. For me the R-73’s work really well, front, side and rear aspect. R-27ER’s are still viable with the required evasive maneuvers. I didn’t use the R-77 a lot, just a match. 116 flares on the SMT is good. Radar is almost perfect. Performance is meh. I don’t have the SM yet i just have the 29SMT

1 Like

Posted four hours ago…

Sir, Gripen has been fixed for over a month now. Its flight model performs as it should as of current.
Only issue with your post IMO.

You are aware that the AIM-120A/B is also underperforming compared to real life tests done by both the US DoD and UK MoD.

6 Likes

Looks like it because of slightly bad missiles settings and loft in game(only Derby lofts fine in game)

While I can’t confirm this I have seen many posts saying that they added in multipathing because of the R-27ER but I don’t know.

So then you know how bad it was using the Phantoms against MiG-29’s before they added in launch warnings to RWR’s. And while both the Yanks and Ivan’s had actual air superiority aircraft with good radars, 2 SARH missiles and 4 heatseekers, we were sitting along with Germany with interdictors as our “Apex Predators”. And even then they had the version with better engines.

Then the next update dropped. “Sky Guardians” where Germany got a competitive top tier aircraft in the MiG-29 (9-12A) which was exactly the same as the Russian 9-13. And what did Britain get? A MiG-29 or F-16 equivalent? NO. We got an interdictor with an interceptor’s missile load and radar. While Japan was sitting with the best F-16 variant we had a barn. No New Zealand F-16 MLU WHICH WOULD’VE BEEN THE SAME AIRCRAFT AS THE TAIWANESE ONE.

Then Atilla. America: F-16C with 2 AIM-7M’s, 4 IRCCM missiles, and a HMS. Russia: MiG-29 SMT with 2 R-27ER’s, 4 IRCCM missiles, and a HMS. Still no F-16C from a commonwealth nation or the MiG-29 UPG.

Moving past the F-15A and Su-27 because everyone got a reasonable equivalent we move to this update.

America, Japan, and Israel. F-15’s with up to 8 AMRAAM’s:
America and Israel: F-16C/D with up to 6 AMRAAM’s
Russia and China: Su-27SM with up to 6 AMRAAM-ski’s
Russia: MiG-29 with up to 6 AMRAAM-ski’s
Italy and Sweden: JAS 39C with up to 4 AMRAAM’s
Belgium: F-16AM with up to 6 AMRAAM’s
Fr*nce: M2K with up to 6 MICA’s.
Germany: A F-4E Phantom II with an F/A-18A’s radar and 4 AMRAAM’s.
Britain: A interdictor with the same missile load as the aforementioned F-4E and a radar better than the F-15C
Also Britain: A Gripen C with the worst ARH homing missile currently in the game.
Also also Britain: An 10.3 aircraft with a missile load of only 4 ARH or lose 2 of them and 320 CM’s for 4 IRCCM missiles. Or lose a different set of ARH missiles for the ability to shoot people with bullets.

Yes I’m salty. No I am not mistaken. Third thing here.

1 Like

Derby is an Anti-Sat missile pretending to be an Anti-aircraft missile.

1 Like

Yes, but actually most of fox-3 must do that.
Maybe, some time we will get better lofting, maybe with manual change of loft mode, like it must be on apaches

Christ the Hellfires are just a really funny ATGM. The lofting consists on high at initial then low at terminal bleeding all of its speed while doing so. Definitely the ability to change loft modes would make it a much better weapon. Maybe they would have to actually introduce 13.0 in ground at that pace.

The spalling buffs are really nice but you have to hit the enemy to do that damage in the first place.

In its and the Mokopa’s defence I have used them with great success as AAM’s in both SRB and GRB’s.

Loft is pretty wrong in game

Missile goes down at too far.
When it must be near to top attack

1 Like

How it should work

markup_1000002193
markup_1000002196

How it actually works

5 Likes

Looks like it because of some loft setting named target elevation.
In datamines it’s so low, and most likely works for negative elevation above a target(from missile perslective)
And it’s highest on Derby(-25)
And lowest(-5) on everything, except Aim-120B, C-5, Derby, Phoenix

While I can’t confirm this I have seen many posts saying that they added in multipathing because of the R-27ER but I don’t know

Multipathing has always been a thing if I recall and it has always been easy to defeat it whilst low.

So then you know how bad it was using the Phantoms against MiG-29’s before they added in launch warnings to RWR’s

I have the Phantom FG.1 spaded with a talisman, I know how it felt and it was completely fine lmao, if you have situation awareness and more than 1 braincell those MiG-29 guys pose no threat.

Then the next update dropped. “Sky Guardians” where Germany got a competitive top tier aircraft in the MiG-29 (9-12A) which was exactly the same as the Russian 9-13

You’re just being ignorant, the addition of the R-73/E at the time was significant and the big selling point was the fact that the MiG-29G wasn’t obese unlike the MiG-29SMT. When released it was competitive and easily was one of the best vehicles at the time but we should overlook it shouldn’t we?

Then the next update dropped. “Sky Guardians” where Germany got a competitive top tier aircraft in the MiG-29 (9-12A) which was exactly the same as the Russian 9-13. And what did Britain get? A MiG-29 or F-16 equivalent? NO

This is a HORRIBLE example, just because one nation suffers doesn’t mean another should. I support balance and absolute balance and I was upset when UK received nothing as a UK main (at the time).

Instead of justifying one nation falling behind we should find solutions for all of them to be fair and enjoyable to play.

Also also Britain: An 10.3 aircraft with a missile load of only 4 ARH or lose 2 of them and 320 CM’s for 4 IRCCM

The AV-8B+ and the SHarrier FA.2 are currently one of the most broken vehicles for BR, the fact you get near constant down tiers is nasty and those poor F-4S and MiG-23ML players do NOT stand a chance.

1 Like