Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

SARHs are weird, I’ve had the R-24R do the same thing before, I think it happens when the missile sees something else being illuminated by someone else’s radar.

The AV-8B has the F-18 radar so that might be why.

2 Likes

83-0010 was airworthy in '85.

Its date is irrelevant to the conversation.

If you do want to bring up dates… Let’s have an Su-35S toting half a dozen R-37Ms pushing twice the range.

2003 vs 2010 where 10 years?

R-77-1 is not 2010. It may have been tested around that time, but the R-77-1 was not in service by then. In fact, the first batch of R-77-1 orders was placed on 2015 according to these two articles. This puts it into the AIM-120D timeframe which was put into service in 2015.

This, for Russian circumstances record-breaking contract is the largest known purchase of precision-guided ammunition for the Russian Air Force, greatly exceeding the previous 2015 order for the first batch of R-77-1 missiles in the amount of 13 billion rubles (USD 172 million)

Russia’s Most Feared Air-to-Air Missile Is Actually Kind of a Dud | by War Is Boring | War Is Boring | Medium

Major Russian contract for R-77-1 air-to-air missiles (scramble.nl)

It was only with the entry into service of the R-77-1 (AA-12B, Izd. 170-1; for export RVV-SD) in about 2015 that the air force finally had an active radar-guided medium-range missile in its inventory.

Source: Russia’s high-speed air-to-air missile upgrade (iiss.org)

2015 was the first time you saw her.However, the supply of troops began in 2010 even before the end of the tests
The LARGEST contract was signed in 2015.But not the first one

We don’t go by when the missile was first tested, because then that moves the goalpost. If we go by first tested, then I’m sure AIM-120D was tested much earlier than 2015. We go by when the missile first went into service. Yes the R-77-1 was tested before 2015. MICA EM went into service in 1996 but was tested much earlier.

It seems this is correct. First ordered in 2009, then 2012, then a much greater amount in 2015. Still, we must go by in-service year if you’re going to say Meteor was 2016 and AIM-120D was 2015.

Source: Russia’s Highly Maneuverable R-77 Missile Is Bad News for NATO | The National Interest

Once again, the tests of the R-77-1 were completed in 2011.

“…Министерство обороны, не дожидаясь заключительного аккорда этих испытаний, взяв на себя ответственность и видя, что по этому изделию дела на «Вымпеле» идут успешно, заказало нам серийное изготовление изделий 170-1. По понятным причинам, не буду называть точные объёмы, скажу лишь, что договорились всё-таки о цене, обеспечивающей небольшую, но всё-таки прибыль, и производство наше загружено на все 100% только одним этим заказом. С одной стороны это — хорошо. А с другой — не очень, потому что резервных мощностей для выполнения НИОКРов у производства просто не осталось…”

Из газетной цитаты следует что первая серийная партия этих ракет была закуплена Министерством обороны России около 5 лет назад, а объем этой партии в 2010-м загрузил производственные мощности “Вымпела” на 100

1 Like

Meteor was still in the very end of test/experiment(combat) phase until 2018 which is the same place R77-1 was at 2011.

Then how does the F-15 have JHMCS?

The same, both the plane and the missile are from the 2010s.

I’m looking at the pylons of the Su-24 and the F-111F/C, and my doubts about your words keep growing and growing.

Again, how does that matter? We’re looking at what year the missile went into service.

1 Like

Please provide sources.

Here’s one,

In 2016, Sweden became the first nation taking Meteor into service.

Source: Meteor | Saab

F-15C from 2000s would have AESA radar

1 Like

50/50
only 18 F-15Cs was with 63V2(AESA) others - 63V1(as in game), later, in end of 00s, 63V3(AESA) deployed

1. 2015 large delivery
    If we proceed from large deliveries, then yes, it is worth considering 2015.If from the adoption of the 2010-2011

Taking into service doesn’t mean it is not still being tested.

Just because other countries besides Sweden are testing their Meteors and integrating it has no bearing on whether or not the missile had entered service. It is a multiple country missile, and multiple countries have different timeframes of when they are integrating it, testing it, and putting it into service. If Sweden put the Meteor into service in 2016 and Germany was still testing it in 2018, it is still a 2016 service missile.

I provided sources showing it entered into service in 2015, can you provide sources for 2011?