Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

So the MiG-21bis is indeed using special ab?

Apparently. High speed thrust was definatelly tuned down years ago, I still remember playing it with the old stats, it had wayy more thrust. Would be nice if a Developer would post the sources and stats it used and has currently

Even in special AB its still overperforming lmao. We’ll see what the devs say when they respond to the bug fixes.

Welp this confirms that the Su-33 can maybe get take off thrust in game as standard.

It isn’t nerfed by loadout, if anything it wouldn’t have the AIM-120 if it weren’t for choosing a rendition of it from 2 decades after its inception.

The Su-33 isn’t capable of better missiles? The highest it would realistically get is the R-27ER, seeing as the 27EA/EM never went operational.
Best place for it would be 13.0-13.3.

Don’t think so. I mean it gets 14 missiles man (if Gaijin gives it the SM treatment and gives it double pylons), it should be 13.7 if it does come.

The Su-33 never operated with 4 inner pylons, so the hard limit would be 12.

Oh yeah the Su-33 doesnt carry the R-77. So yeah 13.3 I guess but god damn it would be a really deadly 13.3 plane.

Su-33 don’t carry R-77

R-77-1 is closer to a 10% range increase than a 40% range increase

30km increase in range over an already stated 80km is 40%.

don’t expect a significant increase in performance ingame, the difference in deltav is not 40%

1 Like

10% increase in delta v is not a 10% increase in range

3 Likes

absolute maximum kinetic range in perfect conditions is just a bad idea to put your expectations in, the R-77-1 is not going to get a massive performance boost in effective ranges for usual ingame launches

Why speak so confidently? The R-77-1 dominates every missile in-game in terms of time-to-target, acceleration, and range. This has already been tested by dark_claw. A big factor you’re not considering is the R-77-1’s new loft mechanism.

2 Likes

just like how the Su-27 was surely going to dominate every plane in the game in terms of flight performance :)
don’t put stock in something that will disappoint you

1 Like

Read the chart, there is nothing to debate or argue about here.

1 Like

not to mention that chart puts the AIM-120C-5 BEHIND the AIM-120A, which is just clownish, its likely the R-77-1 on that chart does not have the updated drag values which is the case in the files
once again you are putting stock in fantasies instead of reality

Of course AIM-120C-5 is work in progress, but it doesn’t change the fact that R-77-1 dominates current missiles ingame. Now why do you think the R-77-1’s drag value needs to change? They likely will for AIM-120C, but why R-77-1?

because the R-77-1 has an identical body and fin arrangement to the R-77, while having a lot less drag in the files, it should have the same drag, which would absolutely smash its performance below the AIM-120A
you are setting yourself up for disappointment, which is what russian players do time and time again

Do you have a habit of lying or just only on Fridays?

Both missiles have a drag value of 1.7 in the files.

Here are their drag values in the files.

Spoiler

I’m not a Russian main, I mainly bug report for French vehicles but if I see nonsense, I’m gonna say something.