Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

If it’s J15 I can understand, Su33 is so useless except for it’s little canard which could be interesting to see how Gaijing implement it. Should Su30 really be 14.0 even if it is only like N001VEP and R77?

I think the Su-33 might have a takeoff afterburner mode which WT can implement just like MiG-21bis with the interceptor afterburner. Su-33 might also be able to carry 14 missiles now because of the double racks for the R-77. Don’t think its 14.0 capable but I think it would still be better than the dev Su-27SM.

It doesn’t have it. Used to be able to run constantly on emergency power AB, but it got removed years ago

Su27 SM got the double pylons in dev server I think but not sure since my computer can’t run it and crashes for no apparent reason.

It still seems to be overperforming a bit.

Yeah and if the Su-33 also gets double pylons then it’ll have 14 missiles because of the extra wing pylons.

Nah, it’s engine is just tunned at war power in a similar way the f15s have ~102% output in game. People confuse it with the normal operating range which has less power in order to make the lifespan longer

Well from the testing I’ve done, the in game MiG-21bis is like 20% faster at accelerating to M1.0 from M0.5 than irl. Idk if the difference between normal operating power vs war power should be this big.

I don’t have the manual on hand but the fact that the special AB mode gives it some crazy 20-30% increase in power, it wouldn’t surprise me

So wt still models the MiG-21bis to have the second stage AB?

I don’t think so. Someone had posted the most recent stats for it a while ago in the forum

Static thrust

Thrust at M1.0

Error margin seems small. I’m trying to find charts

Best I could find so far

maxab
Replicating the conditions, in game the MiG-21bis can achieve M0.9 from M0.5 at 19s. According to the chart it should be around 22s. Going from M0.5 to M1.0 it takes 25s, according to the chart it should be 30s.

Its static thrust in game is also 7100-7200kgf when its supposed to be 6850kgf. At M1.0 though its 9000kgf which is well short of the special AB’s 9900kgf.

It seems like its overperforming up until mach?

Try bug reporting this. I want to see the response

Also I think the special AB mode is a separate thing, but I couldn’t find more about it

special ab
In game from M0.5 to M1.1 at 3km altitude it takes 36s. According to this chart its supposed to be 45 seconds with the special afterburner. Ofc with 7500kg of weight.

I think I’m doing something wrong…

Seems theres already a report on this
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/mgzUOVFROkGo

OP also finds that the in game MiG-21bis can out perform the special AB acceleration times which is an insane overperformance.