Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

my guess is by december or late january china could be a better nation than ussr

FighterBomber))

Yes.! photos from his Telegram channel…

Locking the sun, :D.

1 Like

Yes, with some exceptions.

Su-30 in most versions is specified to have 12 hardpoints to the 10 of the Su-27. This is particularly true for the Su-30SM.

If for some weird reason we are getting the Su-30SM before we get any other Su-30 model that would also mean thrust vectoring, since it is technically a part of the MKI family.

@BroomstickDF

The fact that the J-11A was increased to 13.7 alongside the SU-27SM is ridiculous, both should’ve been 13.3 together with the MiG-29SMT as they are all equal when compared to the F-15C or the Gripen C.

They’re also yet to fix the blatant copied texture from the SU-27SM on the J-11A pylons

I have no idea how Gaijin honestly thought the J-11A was a equal rival to the F-15C, something which rivals the damn F-15C is the J-11B, not the J-11A.

The R-77 is also mid compared to the AIM-120 and therefor making the J-11A and SU-27SM insufferable.

12 Likes

model missile R-77-1

They must be looking at user statistics rather than vehicle performance. Just try checking scorecards of random american players on the runway next to you. It is STUNNING how many of them have 1:10 K:D ratios.

4 Likes

What do you expect when they reach top tier via ONLY BOMBING in F-5C or F-4S. Dudes don’t even try to get kills, they just bomb

2 Likes

Aside from american players managing to drag down statistics despite being handed every advantage on a silver platter, the only explanation that I can think of for why the 27SM and J-11A remained at the same BR as the F-15 is that Gaijin is intending to give them both the R-77-1 in the near future. But honestly I don’t think that they planes would stand on even footing even if they were given R-27EA.

1 Like

I found that Thai JAS39 have beaten J11A in an exercise, and the conclusion was due to lack of R77 capability and lack of datalink. If JAS 39 can easily use AIM120 to out gu and out maneuver J11A they should not be same BR for that alone.

3 Likes

honestly, i am a russia main in game, but a US citizen and the balance is fairly good. (i mention this to point out i root for both in warthunder) The f15c is nerfed by loadout and is rightfully out performing the su27sm. I love my 27sm, but its not better than an f15. The solution is to move the f15c up to 14.0 and bring in the su33 at 14.0 or 14.3 and give it the better missiles.
Aim120s arent too hard to avoid in BVR situations, its within 10km that they are deadliest, which is also when the r77 shines. So i find i can always at a minimum go 1 for 1 in any battle. But its not uncommon to go 4 and out in a battle with the 27sm on a map with a lot of terrain. (i definitely have sinai banned in RB when i fly russia, the multipath nerf is pretty rough on that map.)

I hate al these maps where the entire terrain is covered in cloud, i could be dodging AIM54 and then running into a tree without even knowing.

Dude, the Su-33 is a naval modification of the Su-27.
Why do you want to give him 14.0?

2 Likes

i hear ya, but when we dont have that to worry about, talk about an absolute menace

why give the su33 14.0? better performance and missiles than the su27sm, and the 15mscip 14.0 because it really has no business fighting 13.0s and 13.3s on such a regular basis with its loadout.

I doubt the Su-33 will have better performance than the Su-27SM. Its like 2 metric tons heavier than the Su-27.

1 Like

It is armed with it, though when it first came to production the best missiles in America were… Take a guess…

The AIM-9M (1983) and AIM-7M (1982).
When did the F-15C MSIP-II hit the theatre? 1985!

Technically the AIM-120 wouldn’t even be an option in its original state. You can argue for the AIM-7R, though.

You’re right, there would be domestically produced R-77-1s instead of R-77s, granting the 27SM a ~40% range increase.

Average US main just sees number go up so therefore it need a higher BR. Otherwise it’s russian bias.

11 Likes