British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

So france is getting a hunter f6 under BeNeLux. What armament could we expect it to get? Anything different from uk F6?

AIM-9B’s

2 Likes

6 Likes

Finally

whats different? is it the bombs, are they finally the correct ones.

You no longer need to unlock all the bombs in order to unlock missiles.

1 Like

would be amazing if not for the fact ive already got them spaded :(

2 Likes

" * 20 mm Hispano SAP-I — the amount of explosives has been increased from 3 to 11.66 grams."

Hmmm

4 Likes

oh god, oh damn… a buff to the hispanos? well probably have our old fuses back. 11.66 grams is a shit ton of explosives for a 20mm round, like that is alot.

20mm Hesh rounds

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CPMpozNiOo5S

it seems the mk.3 meteors (regular and sea meteor) are getting nerfed and are getting hispano mk.2s.
its kinda absurd ngl, like its apparently historical but its wild that they still used mk.2s

i mean the mk 2s aint bad, i actually prefer them as they have better range and higher velocity. although in a dog fight the high rpm does help. wont be too much of a nerf tbh, just a tad strange.

1 Like

Hmm…

😋

IIRC late war aircraft were still having different guns phased in such as MK.V’s which came in long and short barrel variants as well as the MK.II’s.

Easier logistically to have entire squadrons retain the same guns until a service-wide conversion was made when sufficient numbers were availible.

It’s made most obvious on the spitfire mk.24 where somebody was suggesting it should have short barrel V’s and someone else long barrel V’s and the real answer was it could have either.

1 Like

interesting
Gaijin’s plans got changed
[DEV] F-4F KWS LV missing AIM-9Li Sidewinder // Gaijin.net // Issues

Potential for Li on Some brits then.

Any word if the Late FRS.1 and FA.2 Sea Harriers used to Li?s

FAA didn’t they used 9L(i)s starting from 1988 they used 9Ms on the FRS1 and then the FA2

Tornado F3 can have 9L(i) but there is no point as it can also get 9M

Swapping the stock 9L to Li would help though i guess.

2 Likes

That would be good, but it would make more sense for just 2 9L’s and 2 supertemps

1 Like

Anyone know if the Desert Warrior could carry more than 4 missiles? The standard Warrior having the space for 8 Milans makes me wonder if it should be able to carry more TOWs, especially if you have to choose between 2A and 2B