British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Yeah, probably would be. harrier would be too good at the moment

lets be honest here, since the tornados dont get standoff missles, your grippen or harrier propably gonna stay the better cas, only gbus are realy restricting

Unless that was a big part of the later Tornados. Like Brimstones. I think with a top tier ground decompression, we rapidly approaching a point where they could be added.

But plenty of other options for the Tornados in general as well.

big if, they would need to give germany glide bombs, effectiveness is questionable

Unless they really felt sorry for Germany and gave them Torando ASSTA4.0 with Brimstones.

But yeah. Glide bombs, might be good. But plenty of other options, like HARM and cruise missiles for some limited stand off.

them giving us shadow storm and taurus would be hilarious, how they work against tanks would be funny as well

Yeah, GPS guided weapons would be niche but fun. Imagine being able to set multiple GPS targets and then CCRP just ripples off GBUs 1 per target. Would be great fun for SB. And maybe useful in GRB, at least against entrenched targets.

thats the thing, they move and ups misses. That being said, the Taurus switches to IR towards the end and compares signatures with the before choosen /saved ones. So theoreticaly it should be able to adjust to movements and be a kind of fire and forget

Yeah, I think Storm shadow has something a bit similar… Though Enough people complain about the range of KH38. Storm Shadow and Taurus would be a tad further ranged :D

just nerf the range. Not like they dont do that with a lot of stuff already dont they

True, probably gunna be limited by Tpod range anyway

and the render range of the actual vehicles

Yeah… Sitll people would complain like mad :D

Does Rwr for harrier no longer give a warning for pantsir? Just had one not show up on rwr whilst it had its radar in use, and launched, no warnings at all. Not even that the thing was on the field.

Just waiting for them to detonate at the rcws, sights and somehow not kill the target

Pantsir might have used irst tracking

The search radar was active, and didn’t show up. Which is why I’m a bit confused. I’m aware of the IRST crap, annoying but workable if I know the thing is on the field, but the search radar didn’t ping the rwr? Is that meant to happen?

Hehe, yeah, that is more than likely

@Gunjob not sure if you’re aware already but someone just sent a photo of a Gripen with BOL + AMRAAM, is there an existing report/suggestion for it? I know it’s for the SWE version but we were talking about it the other day so I thought I’d mention (and it just now occurs to me to ask if this combination would be possible with the SHar as well, assuming the leaks are correct?)

Spoiler

Yes has been for months.

The SHar FA.2 had the CRL/BOL rail as well yes.

2 Likes