British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

When was the AIM-7F put into service? Late 70’s? If so an uprated Skyflash should’ve been in the works by the early 80’s.

76 if I’m remembering my years right, since 7M went into service in 83

1 Like

Fellow Brits. Check BBC one. It’s the greatest thing ever.

what the fireworks

Ricky Dicky.

2 Likes

you trying to rick roll me

1 Like

After looking over some old conversations I’m reopening my search for some stuff about the British M.C iron bombs. Mainly it’s about explosive mass. From what I have seen in the document about British Second world war era bombs the H.E M.C mk 1 had 3 different kinds of filling: 475lbs of amatol, 500lbs of RDX/TNT mix and 525lbs of Torpex. The Buccaneer is great because of the 12x L.D N.1 bombs allowing it to destroy 3 bases where it would take 15 of the normal M.C bombs. I want the Torpex bombs on the big bombers for my own reasons but I wonder if more modern M.C bombs could have different fillings. It would make a great buff to more modern aircraft.

Wait what?

The Bucc is fairly average but 4 1000lb N.1 bombs (the mk 83 looking ones) can destroy one base so 12 of them can destroy 3. The same bomb load of 12 M.C bombs (the fat ones) will take 2 bases and 2/5 of another. It’s 5 of the M.C mk 13’s per base.

But it wasnt, they got advice for the powerplant system from germany and that is about it, the thing was made, primarily designed and manufactured in a south African shipyard.

first should clarify what flying is wrong, we dont have the Concept 3 (P), i think we are talking about the class 3 (P) here
The Henschel Wehrtechnik TH200, TH600 and TH800 were a series of armoured vehicles developed in Germany in the early '80s as test vehicles that could undertake a wide variety of combat roles.
Class 3 was the third and heaviest wheeled combat vehicle prototype to compete for the South African Army. When developing a heavy version of a wheeled tank, the designers were not limited by limits of weight or dimensions, therefore, in terms of weight, firepower and level of security, the Class 3 is a true wheeled tank. The competition commission opted for a lighter prototype, which later became the Rooikat 76 tank destroyer. The Class 3 prototype was exhibited at the Bloemfontein War Museum with a different turret.

1 Like

Yep, I just figured they were all 5x for a base kill. If there is one that is larger… Maybe I need to look into it for max bomb damage. Also 4x for a base kill means ripple mode

1 Like

The first is the fact its refered to as teh TH800, the Class 3 is not the TH800, or close to it, as the TH800 was never built. The Class 3 is its own thing made in south africa, the german involvement was in direct relation to the powerplant, and that was it.

We know the extent of involvement quite clearly, as to get around the massive embargos of the time very few things could slip through, one of which was engine systems which is why everything else on the tank from its weapons to its sights were made locally.

I have a great document about British bombs

2 Likes

Did i ever say it wasnt build in africa? fact is it was planned assisted by german company Thyssen-Henschel based on their development of the TH series. Since it never went above the prototype phase not much is known about it and the extent of how much germany contributed to it, your sources do not say anything about only powerplant either not mentioning how viable they are to begin with

Fact is, it has absolutely nothing to do with britain and is a viable addition to the german tree

Is this new or outdated?

It litearly says 31 December 2023. Outdated.

eh well known that it is planned, that being said i dont think Uk wanted to get a weaponized version, some companys did develop some but not sure if they wanna put those into service

Brimstone Boxer!!!

2 Likes

like i said developed xD , that being said i sadly question if they wanna add brimstones into the game even, because of milimeterradar f&f missles.

But like germany should get the 120mm boxer versions, the brimstone one would be great for britain