British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

ZA101 was the company test aircraft, so it likely took part in a number of weight and fit tests, in addition to flight trials. The weapons however were unlikely to have been integrated onto it. This basically means that ZA101 was used instead of a Hawk 200, which is likely the case since it seems to be from a time prior to ZA101 receiving the lengthened nose of the Hawk 100 for aerodynamic trial, so it’s highly possible the aircraft was used for tests in anticipation of the Hawk 200.

We do however know that the databus and FCS were fully capable of taking AMRAAM and Skyflash, so even if firing trials never took place, we can still get them in game. This is the issue with the Hawks, the internal and external infrastructure can take the weapons, but it all depended on whether the country ordering the type wished to use it, and they never really did in the long run.

1 Like

Makes sense

Considering the type of costumer they were made for, AMRAAMs can be too expensive or doesn’t make too much sense to be mounted on them. Indonesia has F-16s and Flankers, Oman has Typhoons and F-16s, Malaysia has F-18s and Flankers. They end up filling other roles such as ground attack, etc.

I wonder BAE Hawk 100 from royal air force (RAF) or Canadian or Oman ? but believe BAE Hawk 100 very good light attack aircraft & good CAS

BAE Hawk 200 very good Multirole light combat aircraft for great britain tech tree, and guess similar to Tornado F3 CSP

Would fit well at 10.7 as well. We need more at that bracket

1 Like

Do you know about the Countermeasures on them? Only thing I know is that they are supposedly ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶V̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶, but nothing else.

Spoiler

HAWK CMs

Hawk T.2 would fit wonderfully there.
There could be a Hawk 200 early with AIM9Ps+Skyflash and a late with AIm9L+AMRAAM.

Yep, which is why they were never mounted on them. They’re not the sole frontline fighter aircraft, and usually end up getting pressed into short-range air defence or ground attack operations.

The one pictured is ZJ100, which was the prototype Hawk 100. Armaments differed depending on which nation ordered the type.

Agreed, we need something like this at that rank. I had also been considering the Hawk 100 as a stand in for the Hunter Mk.58, however, there are other options, mainly the Hunter FGA.74 for this role.

Unfortunately, none of my sources talk very much about IR and Radar decoys. They do mention the ability to carry jamming equipment, and RWR, however.

1 Like

I guess BAE Hawk 100 could be 12.3 minimum at rank 8 if mounted Brimstone I & modern infrared homing Air-to-Air Missile ASRAAM because ASRAAM very dangerous for aircraft 11.0-12.3 and BAE Hawk 100 better Hunter Mk.58 from swiss 85%

BAE Hawk T1A would fit well at 10.0 or 10.3 place between Jaguar GR.1 and Jaguar GR.1A because unguided Air-to-Ground armament only & carry 4 AIM-9L. but without countermeasures ?

BAE Hawk 200 Early Air-to-Air Missile & Air-to-Ground ordinance different from BAE Hawk 200 late ?

4x Aim-9L on a fairly nimble platform would probably still be 10.7

Yes, at least Air-to-Air missile wise, just to differentiate them somehow, it will be a more balanced option to add them separate with different loadouts at different BRs than only one that carries everything.

I think the T1A can only carry 2 sidewinder tho.

I think I gottem

Spoiler

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjrxemc4ciAAxW0hJUCHXmWDLUQFnoECBoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2Fen-media%2FuploadFile%2F20210404043052%2F1434554720811.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2NWyI0z-Az_qRgw3IOGsnS&opi=89978449

AN/ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispenser System

Spoiler

1 Like

The Hawk 100 can always be split between an Early and Late mod, with Early as a possible stand-in for the Hunter Mk.58 with 4x Mavericks/bombs and 2x AIM-9Ls, or 6x AIM-9Ls, and the Late mod would get Brimstone, ASRAAM and ALARM and go at a higher BR.

As you mentioned there is the Hawk T.1A which get 4x AIM-9Ls or the ability to attack ground targets, however, it doesn’t get any guided rounds.

Hawk 200 can have a similar split to how it is described here:

Yep, which is why it would be limited overall in game. It could be a good stand-in somewhere in one of the fighter lines at around 10.0, maybe instead of the Hunter F.6, which can have its SRAAMs removed and can go down to 9.3 (even though I’d much prefer to have a Lightning F.1 or P.1109B somewhere in there)

Would rather see the Hawk with a more conservative loadout and sit lower, like 10.3-11 than a very strong loadout and be another 11.3+. We really dont need more those currently, especially being a subsonic

1 Like

What kind of countermeasures did the Hawks have? Struggling to find anything myself.

That’s the CM dispenser, from pictures it seems like maybe two of them?

Spoiler

Spoiler

(Full size)
HAWK CMs

I have no details on RWR, if it has MAWS, etc tho.

1 Like

It’s G-HAWK/ZA101 in its original T.1 form even before it was reworked as a 100-series

Pic of it here with a dual-sidewinder rail to show T.1A can theoretically carry 4x AIM-9

That said, the original Hawk 60 series airframes before the 100 and 200 series could be fitted with radar if a customer required it. South Korea’s T-59 (Hawk Mk.67) had a basic ranging radar fitted in an extended nose along with the forward steerable nosewheel assy that both feature on the 100, but on a Mk.60 series airframe.

1 Like

That’s really interesting, thank you!

No matter what though. The Hawk needs a Red Arrow livery. if its missing that. I vote all british players boycott the game

1 Like
Spoiler

Selex Galileo to protect Malaysia's Hawk fleet | News | Flight Global

Says here that it has/had the Sky Guardian 200 RWR, which I found to be the same as the one on the SHar FA.2, right?

*Would explain why they want to upgrade it

Spoiler

Singapore Airshow 2016: Indonesia to upgrade Hawk 200/209s with RWR self-protection | IHS Jane's 360

1 Like