The F-18 is just really underpowered in general:/
Mossie Mk16 is now 3.7… That might be a death sentence for it
It must be because I’m not used to jets, but I find the CF-188 nice to fly.
When I first played it, I was able to do stuff, but as of the last few times I took it out, I haven’t been able to do anything(and the event isn’t helping).
Tho, looking at my attempts to play jets, it’s about average.
American jets are inferior to European ones :P
Though id proably play it like the Tornado F3, fly moderately high and defensive with 2+6 weapons fit and just exploit the hell out of the Aim-7Ps and nailing people trying to defend using only MP might work for you. Its how I plan to play the RAAF F-18 when I eventually unlock it (aim-9Ls arent worth it for 11.3, let alone 12.7)
it’d really depend which bomber spawn it gets, if it gets the higher up (Frontline?) but not highest (Strategic) it’d be able to get to bases fairly efficiently,
No matter the BR it’d struggle due to the lack of any gun based weaponry
Yeah, thats fair, but gunna be one hell of a hit and run.
Yeah, but thats why Im thinking its a bit wierd being the same BR as the Mossies with Guns.
2.7-3.0 ish was what I was expecting
It will be fine, with a bomber spawn you can get to a base and back to your af extremely fast.
On the dev server its missing like 150-200 horsepower and can still easily reach 330+mph on the deck, with a bomber spawn to dive down from, not much is catching you at 3.7 or even 5.0.
idk exactly which bomber spawn it gets, but I believe on dev you spawn at around 2-3km up, so you have plenty of alt to turn into speed.
It’s also fast enough that you can essentially throw the huge 4k lb bomb at bases from quite a few KM away.
I have a problem with the British Phantom — I can’t land it on the carrier in Sim mode. I had no problems doing that with earlier jets, the F-3, F-14, F/A-18, even the F-111, Tornado, and P-16. But the Phantom is just terrible. It keeps wobbling, and at landing speed its nose lifts so high that it blocks the entire downward view. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I’ve watched DCS videos — everything looks easy and clear there, including the visibility.
Sounds like skill issue, never had problems with F-K(or maybe M idunno).
I was never able to master it either. Between the high stall speed, limited visibility and buggy nature, I just never bother trying.
Bar the Harriers, only the Buc and Sea Vixen I try to carrier land and even then… Its way harder the past few months
Sounds like its accurate. The Phantom was notoriously hard to trap.
it’s certainly more difficult but its way more than possible
I don’t even play sim and i landed the FG.1 first try, but i did need to take a different approach to what i’d normally do
Remember that in sim you also can shift your camera height upwards, that does sometimes also help
In the flight manual, it says its landing speed is 150 knots. But in the game, it’s impossible to fly it at that speed. Also, the instrument landing systems don’t work in the game.
On my screenshot above, that’s almost the maximum.
Tell me how you did it?
The Buccaneer and the Sea Vixen are quite easy to land.
I did record it just incase you asked, i’ll upload it to yt and share the link in a bit
I would be very grateful to you for that.
You’re low. You’re supposed to land at 700fpm (no promises the gear in WT can handle that, since it’s made of twigs). At that descent rate at 280~320kph you have just enough visibility if you raise your head to see the deck.
Flaps all the way down and airbrakes out too, the increased drag allows you to put more power into your engines, which will lift the tail up.
