British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Looks like a pretty big patch coming sometime this week so I guess its with that

I haven’t seen any Rapier changes in the most recent datamine, but we may get some changes before the usual “its fixed” tommorow

It will be able to fire much lower, but not but not exactly forward.

not really, still just where the turret is facing. I havent checked the side shooting but ill give it a try, thats my main problem. If a plane come around the front itll take about 5-6 seconds just to turn enough to fire, by which time im dead.

it is not yet live, i think.
This is as low as it will go

@Smugspite

I think I know what is “wrong” with the AJ168s.

I think they’ve been given the sea-skimming code that the other ASMs were given, this means they do wierd things vs ground targets

yeah that is what I assumed

They haven’t. Sea skimming is enabled with the line

“altitudeHoldEnabled”: true

Which you can see isn’t in the Martel file:

2 Likes

Hmm… never mind then.

Interesting why they sometimes miss easy shots. I assumed it was that as it looks like they go very low against naval targets

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/qDKeGlF2bDex
If this change actually goes through… I think the phantoms can stay at the same br at 12.0, unless they also get 9Ls.

@Flame2512 do you know if the supertemp is a drop in replacement for the skyflash? For example, the r-27er could technically also be carried by the og mig-29, but the computer would recognize it as an r-27r, and you would have to ovveride launch parameters to fire it, I assume if there was no software upgrade it would be something similar to this?

Now this sounds interesting, Only concern being the not so great radar. But would actually make me think about bringing out my phantom. Hopefully we do see it eventually.

If one got 9ls and superTEMP it could be our ej kai, 12.3 would suit it fine.

3 Likes

Has anyone tested the HESH “fix”?

I have not felt it in the slightest.

1 Like

Big brain bet. Gaijin fixing hesh suddenly = next BP will have a HESH thrower in it xD

I know this is technically the aircraft thread, but I can’t remember if theres a ground one.
Anyway, here’s a non definitive flow chart for Centurion variants, because I’ve had to explain this a couple of times recently and would love to point to something instead,

Flow chart


changelog: Corrected Cent Mk.8 parent to Cent Mk.7

Not the highest quality cause the forums won’t let you upload SVGs, but readable.
If I’ve forgotten anything, or you have any suggestions tag me and let me know.

Edit: FYI not included any nations that didn’t make modifications different to the the UK. (e.g. Canada kept their cent’s pretty much to spec, so I’ve not included them, but Aussie Mk.5/1’s loose smokes which differers from the British one, so I’ve included them. Didn’t want to make it too busy yk?)

(also I’ve been thinking about doing one for Chieftain variants, if anyone has good sources they can point me to that would be appreciated)

5 Likes

That is lovely, it shows us how much of a mess they are.

And likely help sort out the mess that is the Canadian cents. (Considering this likely came from the convo in the ground tree thread, showing we don’t even know what cents we used.)

1 Like

Your chart is slightly incorrect.

2 Likes

ah thanks, couldn’t find a good source for wither the Mk.8 was a Mk.5 or Mk.7 development, I’ll fix that now

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the turret roof change with the loader’s hatch and periscope relocation happened during mk3 production
nvm about the roof

1 Like