British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Didnt the new harrier get a countermeasure pod?

After the Harriers get buffed after the buff I want to see the Frs.51

Only Phimat, which doesn’t really fix the whole issue of lacking IR countermeasures

Phimat would be ok if they allowed us to carry it on the belly pylon as earlier harriers could do.

I’m not sacrificing a 9L for some chaff, its a ridiculous balance choice especially considering the T.10 is worse in most ways than the AV8B NA at the same BR.

1 Like

Rapier’s mobility is fixed on dev :)

The missiles however are not

Just me having bad luck in the test room or does the Rapiers missile do sweet nothing to targets now? Took like an average of 3.5 missiles to knock out planes and the helicopter that flies around. Seems to have very weak/no damage no matter how I use the missile, either leading or directly into the target.

Testing in dev it was able to clap planes with a direct aimed hit.

1 Like

Can confirm at least with the stock missile in test drive. DHs do nothing

1 Like

Also need to report it being called “Rapier” and not “Tracked Rapier”

Feels like the proxy is triggering too early.
I’ve had best luck hitting targets on the nose, flying directly at me.
Would be nice if we could get one a proxy toggle tbh

So usual case for Brit vehicles.

Works fine in dev.

Release “lets just make it crap” xD

2 Likes

Yeah they do basically no damage sadly, the 2E is the same

I just hit a MI-24 directly in the face with TWO Rapiers and it did nothing.

Not once have I got a one hit kill yet, it makes the Starstreak look like a weapon of mass destruction

2 Likes

So what exactly do we do, kinda hard to make a report on it given no idea whats “actually wrong”, they will just ignore a “pls mr snail, it takes 50% of the missiles just to cripple a light helicopter, can we do some damage?” xD

Also wonder how long it will take before gaijin do anything given that its likely to be underused.

I guess we need to make a compilation of it not doing damage in situations when it should, such as directly hitting an Mi-24

Does gaijin even model blast frag warheads?

Just hit an SU-7 with FIVE missiles and it was still flying

1 Like

Maybe we can badger gaijin to just make the Mk1 missile a impact only fuse, it would prob be more useful.

Think we should make a new thread for it? Or keep it here?

It will not be.

Given the likely issue we have right now is the missile is exploding too far away, it prob would be for a lot of people.

Not untill you realize how many shots you would miss, in any missile, without the proxy. HVM v2?

Took 5 missiles in test drive with rapier to shoot down the wasp 🤣

TBH I was usually fine using the HVM, the problem was I would hit the enemy plane and due to not exploding, it would be fine.

The HE in Rapier would fix that a lot.

Well, i was not, that is why i would like to avoid it as much as possible.

1 Like