British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Yup, there’s other minor changes, like the FCS, between Shir 2 and CR1 etc. But they’re literally so similar the earlier CR1s are reworked Shir 2s.

I read somewhere that the FCS is similar or the same as the Khalid’s

I’m not entirely sure, should be the same as Shir 1 which became Khalid later, however I’ve read the Khalids got an improved FCS over the Shir 1, so I’m personally not entirely sure. If its the same as a Shir 1 it should be the TLS from the later chieftain’s iirc.

Heh - cannot complain about it being an event vehicle. Might actually put forth some effort on this one.

Stupid question - but presumably it will have LRF?

Yarp, should have the same sights at the Chieftain Mk.10 iirc

1 Like

Nice - so a Chieftain firing darts with some actual speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Insert Clarkson Meme here

Less chieftain more early CR1

Even better then. CR1s are in a good spot at the moment BR-wise. I’m hoping it’ll be a similar BR anyway.

L23 is a bad joke but i wont complain… yet. God im so happy its something i actually want, untill i see 45k…

2 Likes

IDK why but in my mind without thermals, if they just locked it to APDS with L15 (isnt there 1 not in the game with a chunky bit of DU in it?) and made it a 9.3 (9.0?) tank it might have been more interesting. Relying on its heavy upper armour more and allowing it more of a niche role in the tree.

Did the UK plan to sell Iran L23 btw?

Nice addition, way too much grindfest for it though imo given its just a slightly knocked down challenger 1 which will likely be the same effective BR for a lineup.

Just a reminder that l23 is more or less a fake short rod round, and when challengers entered service l15a5 was the standard issue shell

Just saw it in the other thread, really puts it more to shame they just went with L23, feels slightly idk, lazy to it? No plan to even add the ammo made for iran and the tank.

When theres all these they could use instead. Make its primary a HEAT-FS with L15a5 reserve and PISH (i think thats PISH? Looks it to me)

1 Like

image

The shir 2 datamine is out, seems to be a slightly worse Chally 1 but at 9.7. Honestly, it should be really good at 9.7

It also gets a new APDS, L15A5 instead of L15A3

I dont know if its any different though

Looks good IMO

Only major concern is that it’s 9.7.

With such a weak line-up at that BR. Should either be 9.3 or 10.0 with appropriate tweaks to achieve that BR

I’m really hoping the Chieftain Mk5 and Mk10 receive l15a5 as well. Ideally alongside the Mk3 going down in BR

1 Like

That would be nice, however, currently A5 is identical to A3

That might change later though its early days

1 Like

image

the tank already seems to have been gaijined. Why on earth is the applique front plate addon 5mm of structural steel… come on gaijin

2 Likes

Also the joys of APDS stock grinding is back lol.

I dunno, still think it might have been a more interesting tank without L23 and at a lower BR, or am I just crazy?

Also, how do I load it up ingame? I remember the old way but idk how it is with the new wiki?

Its a bit of a flimsy line-up at 9.7.

Chieftain 10 (9.0)
VFMS (9.3)
Ollifant Mk2 (9.3)
Warrior/fox/scimitar for IFV
SPAA is markman/Falcon/ZA-35
CAS is Wessex, Jaguar Gr1, Buc S2, Harrier Gr3 or Hunter F6

Its a lot of uptiering to make a half-decent line-up and It doesnt look that good (at least to me) to justify all that uptiering.

Dropping it down to 9.3 would mean much the same line-up but now 0.3 BR lower or buffing it up to 10.0 would open up options like the Stormer AD and Desert Warrior. Also if it got L23A1, then it would be far more vialbe as part of a 10.3 line-up with the Challenger Mk2

1 Like