British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Early British RWR (stuff based around ARI 18223) now has a “Track” warning;

1 Like

in dev 2.28.0.27

1 Like

It’s great to finally see some Red Top changes. It should have good flare resistance now with that FoV change.

But the aerodynamic range and seeker sensitivity are what’s really holding it back.

@Smin1080p are there more Red Top changes planned this patch or is that it? It’s been over 3 years since I first reported the massively underperforming aerodynamic range. It would be really good to finally see the Red Top get fully fixed.

I’ve only seen movement on the seeker FOV and Gimbal limits reports so far.

Heres hoping for some guidance fixes too, they seem to sometime just miss a target

Anything on SRAAM?

Sadly, nothing

Currently it depends on if any more reports are actioned in time. At the moment, the developers primary focus remains on the major and any issues reported over the last few days. So unfortunately its hard to say if any more will be actioned in time. At least there is no set timescale for them that I can really speak of.

1 Like

Linking here the old forum RP-3 thread, it was pretty brief but has some useful info.

Double stack RP-3s would be nice for Typhoon:

AP 2802A also has a bit on the Smoke and HE warheads:

Unfortunately RP-3s and Triplex seem unusable in their current form anyway because of their extreme lack of accuracy sadly. HVARs seem much less affected weirdly despite being similar things.

3 Likes

for a moment i thought u meaned the other typhoon lol

I’d take an EF Typhoon amred only with rockets :P

Hi, can anyone tell me how big of a performance difference is between the Adour mk.106 on Jag GR.3A and the mk.104 on the regular GR.3?
Also, some info on the HMS used on 3A would be appreciated, did that thing only slave Sidewinders or did it have any other purpose?
Cheers

You can find these informations here too:

3 Likes

SWEET, thank you!

1 Like

With the new changes to AN/APG-59 I was wondering if PDV mode actually gained IFF, as I cannot find any information on this. Can anyone help?

1 Like

It did.

Spoiler

The two lines distinguishing allies are much further apart than in normal search mode.

1 Like

I know it is in the dev server, I was just wondering IRL because I can’t find anything about it myself.

In real life radar tracks were displayed in velocity / azimuth format, while IFF marks were displayed in range azimuth format. So the IFF marks would appear on the same azimuth as the targets. But would properly align with them.

1 Like

Cool just like real life, the IFF pings should be there, just poorly lined up and not very useful.

3 Likes

does it not do IFF when you have an STT irl?
ik thats missing in wt (please pass my suggestion)