British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Did it get its spall liner?

It does not as far as I can see

TBH Scimitars mobility isnt too bad once its moving but, feels fairly sluggish to get going though? Also noted that on the modules it has “wheels” not tracks. Kind of funny. Also noted that gaijin gave it a lot of random extras to fill up the vehicle with.

When hovering over the modules though, it has FCS in the turret, and suggests damaging it causes the vehicle to be unable to fire? Seems a tad wrong ngl lol. Or is it just a “if the gun used this, it would happen” thing?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/hQSZIXhb26GI

Turning bug report for the Scimitar :)

I also noted that the engine is the Jaguar J60… but claims to drink diesel fuel… isnt it a petrol engine?

Feels to me that, plus the thermals, etc, model wrong etc, gaijin wanted a Cummins diesel engine Scimitar with thermals, but the model guy made a original production vehicle and they are in the middle of turning it back?

edit: this stuff is for the SPIRE thermals right? Which it shouldnt have?

[DEV] Scimitar missing spall liners

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1kHATNsDA7MP

1 Like

So it looks like Scimitar is supposed to be stock standard, anyone able to report that it shouldnt have the huge FCS throughout the turret? I dont have any direct documents so would just be a case of reee’ing into the wind.

Brimstone, max range i got so far was 18-19km from 10k in altitude. The missile itself self destructs after 60s of flight no matter if the missile is perfectly tracking the laser or not.

Brimstones could be good at maybe 11.0/11.3 BR but at 12.3 the PGMs seem like they will be just better in basically every way in an actual game scenario.

It is because the battery is only set at 60s, seems to be lowest of the pgms.

Good luck bug reporting that one!

3 Likes

I’d be tempted to just ditch the tornado altogether, run the harrier Gr7 for the 4x AGM-65 and a platform that can reasonably turn fight if needed.

Just need to get the Gr7 a better Tpod and it’s missing 2x 65s

1 Like

Can always rely on the Gripen

Or even that

Yeah, the GR7 with 6 Mavericks would be really nice. Which T-Pod is it missing?

The issue I’ve found with the Gr.7 in ground battles is it just doesn’t seem to have the speed to be able to dodge S1s. Could just be a skill issue on my end but I always find the tornados a bit more effective with that in mind even if you only get a chance for 3 kills with the pgms.

TIALD should be gen 2 Tpod, about a year old bug report for that.

But Gr7 and gr9s were equipped with sniper tpods

1 Like

Yeah, that is an issue with it. I think it’s all about terrain masking to get close and surprise the Pantsir in the gr7

1 Like

Most of those purple bits are for the intercom on the real thing. But the big box on the gunner’s side is turret power control/distribution, which would mainly knock out the image intensifier, comms and things.

Wouldn’t have much effect on the turret or gun operation as they’re mechanical (Rarden is usually solenoid-fired, but has a mechanical trigger too), or the day sight apart from graticule illumination. And if it’s raining, the wipers wont work.

So not really accurate to describe it as “FCS”

2 Likes

That really tickled me haha

[DEV] Marksman turret lack of armoured cylinder Community Bug Reporting System
[DEV] Marksman turret FCS model incorrect
Community Bug Reporting System

6 Likes