British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

rarden
Animesh Bose, ‎Robert J. Dowding: Tungsten, Refractory Metals and Alloys 4–1998

3 Likes

did i see the scimitar in the leaks?

You are kind of slow

1 Like

damn it bro dont make fun of me :p, ive been grinding throne and liberty like a no lifer.

btw is the scimitar gun stabilized?

Oh, sorry sorry.
That is a valid reason and i respect that.
Well, then im glad to tell you that we are indeed getting it. And that there are already like 10 Scimitar op tocips in the making

No

oh man… :(

well its still gona be fun

1 Like

Will be for sure. Well, but i guess you also missed the part where Gaijin will nerf RARDEN APDS

no ive seen that but im gessing that whatever it could pen on the side it will still continue to do i guess.

plus some possibility of long range buffs

1 Like

Does the early scimitar have a powered turret traverse?

I saw some people saying it dosen’t and therefore its traverse is quite bad, is this true?

AFAIK it doesnt, no, so will be relatively low compared to other systems.

If thats the case hopefully it will be at a lower BR to compensate

I was also thinking, with all the rumours of SEAD systems coming in, whats the chances of badgering gaijin into giving us the Martel ARM for the Bucc and then extending/buffing the AGM version to compensate for its GRB role if it has to go up in BR?

IIRC the Martel is a relatively slow missile anyway, especially compared to other ARMs due to being a thick phat warhead, so it would give RADAR systems a chance to turn off and move out of the way, meaning it might not need to be as high a BR as say, HARM, or Standard etc.

Jaguar too. Would be good

Was it actually cleared for British Jaguar? I know about tests on sea vixen and harrier. Or we going off “the French can do it, why not us?”

I thought I read online it did, but no sources that I would trust enough for a bug report. Might have been french jags being applied to all jags

The Scimitar has gen 1 thermals on the dev, which is nice i guess

However its movement feels VERY weird, i dont think the neutral steering is finished and you can turn so fast you basically roll over

Seems about right…

CVRT was known for being a wild ride, and the scimitar made it very top heavy.

The turning over may be right, but the driving is genuinely horrible

The neutral steering barely works and it oversteers a LOT

It shouldn’t. It doesn’t have a thermal sight head on the model, but has the SS100 (L2A1) image intensifier telescope in the housing next to the Rarden. When SPIRE or ESPIRE are installed on Scimitar, the SS100 is replaced with a coolant reservoir

ed:- Pic of a Scimitar fitted with BGTI showing the reservoir in the old night sight housing

Unfortunately I don’t have any showing it on an ESPIRE vehicle as well. But the L2A1 is redundant, and removed on all Scimitars with thermals.