British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

thanks

1 Like

To complement it:

The RA-20S radar unit, mounted on the M-113 A2 command post or on a TA-23 turret, is of the Doppler pulse type with an E-band frequency. It insures the detection of aircraft and helicopters located 12 km away and the detection of helicopters hovering 5 km away. Targets are located with an accuracy of about 1 degree.

Efficiency of the RA-20S radar unit.—The latter is particularly effective
against low-altitude attacks by ground attack aircraft and armed helicopters
hovering or flying at very low altitude.

From DTIC ADA349787: Near East/South Asia Report. p. 19

Well, Janes and Brochure have different range values…

1 Like

It’s very difficult to find something about the RA-20S. I found more about the RA-20, which seems worse than the S. Less range, at least. If we find the differences between the RA-20 and the RA-20 S this material would be more useful.

Spoiler

All I band radars? Or D band? (I’m too lazy to look myself)

You missed, E band

1 Like

Found about the RA-20S, from Jane’s Radar & Electronic Warfare Systems, p. 106:

And the SINAI 23 brochure, but I couldn’t verify the source:

4 Likes

The Stormer AD got its thermals nerfed down to gen 1 on the dev server

Its a shame but I don’t think it will make any difference in practice

It also got a weight decrease and increase in smoke charges, which is nice

Thermal res was expected it was copied over from the HVM which uses a much more modern Thales Catherine MP thermal system. Stormer AD uses a old thermal system of American design IIRC

2 Likes

The chinese winged gps bombs have a top down attack approach. I think i remember that it was impossible to model that for the AJ.168 at its implementation. Any chance that can be changed now?

1 Like

That could potentially enable it to hit naval targets as well

1 Like

Oh my, a self guided munition that doesnt always hit the masts. Shame the carrier fleet like to move…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Aussies intended to arm the F-111C with JDAMs, but I don’t know if it actually went ahead.

1 Like

Yeah, seems to depend which block we get in game

1 Like

Looks like we’re not missing out on the JDAM party after all (subject to change incase I get the rug pulled from me haha).

4 Likes

Cool. Couldn’t have given Gripens glide bombs to actually pad out the number of strikes the thing could conduct. Guess only China’s allowed glide bombs. It is nice and all that it gets JDAMs, but really doesn’t help it all that much in a strike sense. At least gbu 39s would have given it a number of strikes, and helped cover off the lacking bit of the aircraft.

Realised this sounds far more petulant than intended, but at the same time I am pretty miffed so just going to leave it with this acknowledgement.

I assume the DSU-33 proximity fuze on the GBU-31 is just a modelling error and not indicative of new features?

Didn’t test that but could very well be a modelling error. I’ll check it out after I’ve walked my dogs :).

1 Like

Kinda hard to tell but it might actually be air bursting a meter or so off the ground. I’ll see if I can ask someone.

So that still leaves only germany without GPS guided bombs then?