British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

I was unable to read that without this coming into mind:

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

2 Likes

It sounds like the eject button could work as a single release depending on whether “a predetermined length of time” equates to one chaff packet being extruded or multiple.

Also, i know not the best, but burst could also apply to one.

French jag did not get it.

Did when I checked earlier

Which French jag? - Apparently my spaded jag was eated by the dev server. Might come under the chaff stuff.

I never found it fun in air as its far too slow to get to bases and all you would face were f5s effectivly making your missiles usles. The engines overheat if you stay in after burner (which i think is new as i dont remember it being all that bad when i was grinding mods). Sure it can once circle like a fucking champ but after that your pretty much dead to any enemy paying attention. I always prefered the harriers as vfing was excellent and it could energy trap, which is what im alot better at to be fair.

My dream is to wait for the gr 4 and hope and pray they give it the hmd for the missiles as well as im pretty sure its the same as the tornado gr 4 where it can only slave ground ordinance to the hmd, that with 9m+ would be kind fun.

Definetly on both French Jags

Jaguar A

Jaguar E

They probably havent figured out a Mod for it yet

indian Jaguar IS also

Yep, saw that as well. Was wondering if that was historically accurate or whether this is Gaijin buffing an aircraft that really has no buissness being at 11.3 but has to be because of AAMs

Bucc with its new Snakeye’s

10 Likes

Am I correct in thinking they should also be on the Tornado Gr1?

Yea, found it on my Jag A. The dev server just ate my chaff modification, phimat is given under that.

2 Likes

Did we have any planes that carried jdams?

Not that I’m aware of. We used Enhanced Paveway II, Enhanced Paveway III and Paveway IV instead.

Do we need to report the incorrect radar in the Stormer AD? The last time I saw it was the ADAD from the Stormer HVM. The vehicle’s weight was also from the HVM, and was corrected through a bug report: Community Bug Reporting System.

I think it is WIP, but if you want to

I tried to look for ESD RA-20-S, but i found nothing
It should have all the funny stuff like 11km range 360/45, IFF, TWS, cue to target

4 Likes

I found this, from Jane’s Land-Based Air Defence 1992-93:

The acquisition/surveillance vehicle has the RA-20S radar operating in the E-band which can detect aircraft and moving helicopters at a range of 12 km or helicopters hovering at a range of 5 km. Targets can be localised
to one degree.

Dassault Electronique RA-20S E-band
1 to 12 km range fully coherent pulse Doppler radar system.

And, though it’s not the RA-20 S, but may be useful for the rpm:

Dassault Electronique RA-20 1 to 8 km range fully coherent pulse Doppler radar which operates in the E-band and rotates at 40 rpm, carries out both surveillance and target
acquisition (track while scan) and can track four targets simultaneously.

3 Likes

On what page is this?

62, 66 and 67