British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Thats not the RB199 installation thats the Olympus 593 test bed from the concord trials (olymlus 593 written on the side in big frendly letters is a bit of a give away)

This is the RB199 installation
CYoD5tYWQAEsV9r
CYoD6HZWAAApbt1

Olympus 320 test bed for good measure

avro-vulcan-b1-xa894-9890359.jpg
B67uMjMIcAA7luz

10 Likes

and I think they’ve nerfed red tops again. They now basically do no damage. 1 match, 2 hits, 1 on a A-4 another on a F-104. Both solid hits. Barely scratched their respective targets. Only the hit on the A-4 was a crit hit. The F-104 was just a “hit”

My mistake, apologies

I know this is an air thread but I don’t recall seeing a ground equivalent (happy to move this there if there is one)

Not an air thread, just that’s what’s talked about the most :)

2 Likes

Off-topic/General chat for Britain is the thread I used to bring the RCH up. Should be a great meme if added to WT. As I understand it’s fully stabilised and has a 6-7s autoloader, with direct fire sights and 30 rounds ready to fire, only downside is that it’s stupid tall

2 Likes

Unfortantly, this thread is in the aircraft subsection, which does imply a certian falling with style connotation

Sssshh, that doesnt matter :P

1 Like

Is that XA894 by any chance?

Well on the bright that’s less weight I have to lug around… guess I’ll use firestreaks and RN rockets on the Sea Vixen

yes

1 Like

So… its been 7 months since I reported the wrong flag for the Hunter FGA.9. but still has the Union jack. Do you think this means we can consider it the RAF version of the Jet and not the Rhodesian version?

and if so. What buffs could it get?

1 Like

I mean there are a few things missing the correct flag still. Going by the Wiki info this is a Canadian plot and the livery is RCAF one. But I’m 90% sure it still has the UK flag.
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Prendergast’s_Spitfire_FR_Mk_XIVe

2 Likes

That’s cause it was flying under the RAF.

1 Like

The plane is painted after the camouflage scheme of the plane Canadian pilot James Prendergast used in the No.414 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force

I see the RCAF right there. It is a Canadian plot and Squadron should have the Red Ensign.

Canadians as the RCAF along side the RAF

it is RCAF

1 Like

Just noticed in the recent update they seem to have misinterpreted the Swingfire report? i believe that states 1-10x not Just 10x

1 Like

They do not add x1 sights, never have. Which is stupid

6 Likes

There is no misinterpretation, as always 1x magnification of the gunner’s sight is not implemented.

When can we get the x1 in game? Being forced in for exampel x10 when i just want to have a better look where i aim is suboptimal