British Helicopter Tech Tree - Discussion Topic

Gaijin plz

2 Likes

Coming to the conclusion that that the blue gunpod pictured with XW839 is probably a twin-7.62mm gunpod. There are a couple of images of the same kind of pod on the wings of a BN-2 Islander/Defender showing that it has two muzzle apertures. The pod on the wing of G-BCEM at the 1974 Farnborough air show are the same blue colour as the one with XW839 and the brown SUU-11 minigun pod is displayed on the other wing.
Some material on Islander/Defender refers to twin-7.62mm gunpods being one of the armament options.

Ed:- confirmed it’s a twin 7.62mm gun pod while reading up on the BAC Strikemaster
https://img-forum-wt-com.cdn.gaijin.net/original/3X/e/6/e606b3d72c633066ebacfc5a9a86161bd02f42a8.jpeg

1 Like

Would be lovely to see one of the Wildcats, they are such beautiful helicopters that could carry a fuck ton of missiles if the Thales Martlet will enter service. Then it could be a quit potent little helicopter. But that’s just hopes and wishes as it stands right now. With the adapted changes to heli research and the subsequently renewed interest in helis, Gaijin might look into adding some new ones. Maybe, just maybe.

2 Likes

If I recall the missiles have entered service, and were recently cleared for air-to-air operations as well. They would be quite interesting in game, as although they have a small warhead, they have a much higher velocity than standard AGMs and more can be carried.

2 Likes

Oh they are already in service, didn’t know that. If Gaijin ever adds this helicopter it would be absolutely amazing. Imagine carrying 8 Spike ATGMs and a set of ASM and AAM Martlets. Would be amazing, stuff like this could bring some “equivalents” to WT that could counter the Ka series more directly. 530m/s with a 3kg warhead is pretty hefty ngl.

2 Likes

Not to mention it can carry 20 of them (10 on each side)

6 Likes

It’s such a beauty Owo

1 Like

Wessex on the left?

no, its a MI-4AV.

4 Likes

Russia is on it’s 12th helicopter… meanwhile the Wessex sits in the files

2 Likes

Take a deep breath. Tomorrow’s dev stream will also be as vulnerable as usual.

1 Like

Brochure from 1977.

4 Likes
1 Like

Also moved up to 9.0

Seems they just equip on the existing AS.11 setup (with the outer pair being empty) rather than having the shorter AS.12 stubs and correct launcher.
Imgur
Should have
https://i.imgur.com/0I6SLrV.jpg https://i.imgur.com/iVnnsGX.jpg

But it’s nice to have it finally do something different to the Scout I guess, and doesn’t seem like it requires additional research as they appear to be the default loadout.

5 Likes

Great range too, and 1000mm of pen.

1 Like

It’s possible that the Rooivalk could be equipped with CRV7’s as stated on the Magellan Aerospace CRV-7 Rotary Wing brochure unknown what year and the 2009 Magellan Aerospace CRV-7 Rotary Wing brochure

However, I have been unable to find any evidence of the rockets actually being fitted to the helicopter. I was curious if anybody else had anymore information to confirm that these rockets were tested and/or fielded on a Rooivalk.

3 Likes

Whirlwind with an SS.11

Taken from:

6 Likes

That’s fantastic. Good job

The blurry, grainy pic I posted the other week appears to have the same installation location. It’s nice to confirm it was a pic of Whirlwind carrying SS.11 racks in operational service.

1 Like

AS.12 has received proper textures
Still using the AS.11 launchers however

Spoiler

Ed: Now has proper AS.12 launchers as well on dev server 2.29.0.5

5 Likes