Meme text;

Maybe packaged with the verdi 2 as well, one can dream
Did the AW159 ever trial the Miyosis DIRCM? It is indirectly mentioned on Leonardo’s page but nothing directly linking the two.




damn it guess i have a reason to play british helicopters now
Someone find the post I made when I went to the FAA museum, I’m sure I posted some wildcat pictures.
EDIT: SEA LYNX HAS 3, not wildcat.
Looks like its this one
Also I checked for ESM capabilities, bad news on that front. Sky Guardian 2000 doesn’t have any ESM capabilities, that was added in Sky Guardian 2500 which was fit to the export Wildcats only, also that ESM system is the Leonardo SAGE system which I can see was exported to ROK for their Wildcats but I can’t find anything about the UK buying it.
So no ESM for our Wildcat unfortunately.
Naval one has a modified version of Sky Guardian software to provide ESM function, according to Combat Aircraft Journal (published in the March 2018 issue - Vol.19 No.3, Pg.64)
https://www.keymilitary.com/article/different-beast


Which wouldn’t be surprising, since Navy Lynx had Orange Crop (Racal MIR-2) ESM before Wildcat took on the role.
Orange Crop fairings on Lynx and Orange Reaper fairings on RN Merlin looked no different to the Sky Guardian ones in HIDAS-equipped Apache Mk.1, and RAF Merlins.
The DAS controller for HIDAS-15/CDAS is designed to support common architecture for multiple UK manufacturers, so exchanging RWR for ESM other than Leonardo’s own SAGE, isn’t tricky

Hmm going to need something a little more official but its a start atleast.
wish they fitted brimstones to this helicopter for more ground focused attack
I do like a transport helicopter that’s armed to the teeth.
Curious as to what people think about this - ZZ386, which is an Army Wildcat AH.1, usually unarmed except for a door gunner, fitted with a pylon and ordnance, as well as the radome under the nose.
I believe this is just a static display for an airshow but I’m not certain. If not, it could be an option for another Wildcat with a different loadout (Spikes?)


Mentioned it in the Wildcat WIP news thread, but some of the HMA.2s deployed for C-UAS duty in Cyprus are fitted with an omnidirectional RF datalink antenna for developing Wildcat’s Manned-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T) and Link-16 capability.
Close Up

Should drone scouting ever be added to helicopters.
Format might change before fleet-wide integration though.
its mentioned on the blog page that they’re thinking of adding spikes to it to give it heavy anti-armour since martlet is only light armour and slow moving aircraft/drones
They did delay MITL for Helis until more nations are viable, I really don’t know where or how well this is going to be placed😕
and with the last round of BR changes, the AH-64A/Ds going down (good) and Z-19 being tiered with the Z-10 (just what) I have no clue what Gaijin considers acceptable performance for a Helicopter
problem is if they just leave it with just martlet for anti armour its gonna struggle very much as it doesn’t really have the pen for modern mbts only light vehicles



