Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

It really would’ve been nice to see a Tiger this update. All the other nations get new stuff, mostly battle cruisers so it would be nice to have one too

1 Like

it would be nice to see maybe it could be the premium for top tier navel for britain as currently there is not one for some reason

I wouldn’t put it as a premium, there are a few better options like Canada that could make for a exciting premium

how diffrent is tiger from queen mary as from memory that are diffrent but also simmiler in many ways as they both have the same guns and a 9 inch belt but the funnels are diffrent on them

Well Smin saids on next update(september) and the next update Gaijin will give every nation a Rank VI capital ships, so maybe near future.

Of course there could be possilbility that HMS Barham is included on those ‘new’ capital ships.

3 Likes

Tiger mainly is 200t heavier, and the big change really is her secondaries which are 6inch compared to QMs 4 inch but yeah otherwise quite similar

well i realy wish 6.0/3/7 had a better match maker as i have gotten everything apart from the drednoughts spaded in the tech tree but not sure how i feel fighting 7.0’s in them

I’d say im surprised that the devs got it wrong again…but im not

Waterlines are always set to L.W.L., or standard displacement.

Don’t use the port for inspecting waterlines. They are usually different from what you see in battle. Always use Test sail.

Otherwise, the waterline is correct:

1 Like

slightly unrelated but is there a chance that renown will ever get its HE-VT rounds for it secondary shells as a lot of of other nations have HE-VT equipped secondaries at the same br

1 Like

Up to the devs. Shell selection is balancing criterion.

well it is a shame that its AA is far to good which causes them not to add the shells

1 Like

Well even at the test sail it won’t differ much. And why the fxxk using LWL while the ship’s weight is based on full displacement? You don’t feel it weird at the start?

5 Likes

I wonder if Marat and Paris Kommuna really do sit that low at standard displacement (not a Russian bias claim those ships are just insanely low in the water).

1 Like

If I recall correctly russian ww1 battleships generally had problems with their displacement, being barely able to operate at open sea and not being able to load any more additional weight.

3 Likes

It is what it is. In-game, one does come from the other.

Hood is pretty much at her deep load draft in the game. You can see the 12" belt is almost submerged completely

Actually the L.W.L. is more like the trial condition with very light loads. AFAIK there’s no ship in the game was given the draft in such conditions (perhaps only except the Des Moines). For example, had the Renown be given LWL draft, her 51mm lower belt would have been exposed over waterline and that could be hilarious:

rn Renown’s draft is close to the average action load in 1939, which is about 2000t lighter than the same condition she would have been in 1944. In 1944 her average condition would have had a draft close to the deep draft in 1939:

You can compare to the level of waterline in game with these diagrams to see whereabouts of the draft conditions in game compared to real life

In case of Hood, it’s easy to identify how much deeper the ship sits in game than the LWL irl:

So it’s more on a ship-to-ship basis, there’s no consistent standard of treating ships’ draft in the game.

3 Likes

a little off topic what are we gonna do about naval being kinda dead

Add naval to GRB so you can shell tanks with BBs :P