Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

Maybe we get answers.

We all know. Gaijin loves Japan(see what ‘Gaijin’ comes from), and they really HATE Great Britain.
They’re using Smin to disguise as they have interest in GB, but they didn’t. When they have interest in GB is when they could make GB suffering by giving attention(Orion, Queen Mary, bunch of Challenger 2)

If they gave us an honest answer like ‘the modelling studios assigned to British ships are running behind’, i’d at least be contented with it.

But instead they just ignore the question, or respond with there being more planned in the future. It’s been 2 years, if they planned for 3 nations to have a monopoly on top tier then where is the balance?

And I know its not the CM’s fault, they just have to give us what information they have, but its pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

well he kinda answered but in a very poor way that is most likely a copy paste response with some added fluff. that is always given when anything asked

The Yamato-class is a huge jump from anything else, we’ll definitely see a break in top-tier Japan for a bit before that. Japan also still has plenty of missing classes at all BRs to add anyway, to say nothing of sister ships; they won’t run out.

The US and Britain are now both very much set up to get “newer/bigger” stuff, I’d be very surprised if we don’t see a Colorado and/or Queen Elizabeth by the end of the year.

well they have added 6 or 7 ships since hood with renown being sub par in everyway apart from AA and secondarys and now with barham all it has is a minor armor improvement with missriable AA. they could have added any of the R classes as most of the ships added since hood are DOA due to the match maker not allowing for 6.0+ to get many down tiers. like if they though in there deluded minds that the QE’s are to powerfull then they could have gone for an revenge class as they have retrofits with simmiar AA to hood with a simmiler marginal armor improvement

well they have been getting lots of 7.0 ships and they dont have to many left till they get to yamato

In terms of interwar/WWII battleships specifically (there are also older ones) they have two Kongou-class, one Nagato-class, two Kaga-class, three Amagi-class, possibly two Kii-class, and then four Yamato-class.

So up to ten more between here and a Yamato. Though realistically eight, as Kaga and Akagi will definitely be saved for inclusion as carriers.

well britain would have 17 to add before you get to even talking about paper ships/ones that were laid dow that are competitive at 7.0 and they have been realy slow with adding any of them

kii class ships were never laied down though

well i would always love the right most design of a ship

it is very much fully paper but it would be mad to see a 100,000 ton ship and it would aparently be on a simmilar scale to a nimitz class carrier

As with the British G3s there’s still debate about whether they were or weren’t, which is why I said “maybe”.

i asume it can be some what hard to find data about japanese things as they did burn a lot of documents near the end of the war.

so i know chat GPT is AI so it can be wrong but i asked it about the Kii-class as this is what it said
and wikipedia says they were not laid down using this as its source “Conway’s All the World’s Fighting Ships 1906–1921”

The Kii-class battleships are often less documented compared to more well-known ship classes due to their early cancellation. However, there are some authoritative sources and references that discuss the Kii-class battleships, their design, and their status in the context of the Imperial Japanese Navy’s shipbuilding programs.

Suggested Sources for Information on the Kii-Class:

1. “Conway’s All the World’s Fighting Ships 1922-1946”
  • This book is a comprehensive resource on naval ship design and construction in the interwar period and World War II. It includes details on planned ship classes, including the Kii-class, and provides insight into the shipbuilding policies of various nations, including Japan.
  1. “Battleships: Axis and Neutral Battleships in World War II” by William H. Garzke Jr. and Robert O. Dulin Jr.
  • This book covers battleship designs and developments in Axis and neutral countries during World War II. It provides context for the Japanese battleship programs, including discussions on designs like the Kii-class that were never completed.
  1. “Japanese Warships of World War II” by A. J. Watts
  • This book provides details on various Japanese warship classes, including those planned but never completed. It offers descriptions of the Kii-class and the reasons why they were not constructed.
  1. “Kaigun: Strategy, Tactics, and Technology in the Imperial Japanese Navy, 1887-1941” by David C. Evans and Mark R. Peattie
  • This book offers a broader view of the Imperial Japanese Navy’s strategy and shipbuilding decisions leading up to World War II, including the context behind the cancellation of planned ships like the Kii-class.
  1. “The Impact of the Washington Treaty on Naval Construction” (Naval War College Review)
  • While more focused on the broader impacts of the Washington Naval Treaty, this academic article discusses how the treaty affected naval construction plans, including the abandonment of projects like the Kii-class.

Online Resources:

• Naval Historical Center or similar naval history websites often provide summaries and details on planned and canceled ship classes.
  • CombinedFleet.com, a site dedicated to the Imperial Japanese Navy, offers detailed information on various Japanese warship classes, including planned ships like the Kii-class.

These sources should provide reliable information on the Kii-class battleships, their intended design, and why they were never completed.

this is what Chat GPT gives as its sources

…are you actually being serious right now?

This is almost as useless. You did at least mention the source used, but again, that’s clearly an English-language historian’s book (a 40-year-old one too) which can be useful but also often have plenty that’s wrong for a variety of reasons (and are not themselves primary sources).

And if you’re going to use wikipedia in this sort of context, at least use the native-language version for whatever the topic is.

I’m not here to debate whether they were absolutely laid down or not, because as I already said there’s still debate about this out there.

1 Like

i mean finding japanese sources for WW2 is not the easiest thing out there

Probably never seriously considered for building, on that kinda displacement they’d probably atleast want 10 18-inch guns.

well the design requierment was to be able to protect agaist all known threats at the time an given that this was post WW2 most of the BB’s it would have had to fight would have been russian and capitail ships were not russias main strength. but by that time we kinda had no money to go through with it as BB’s were not considered the main part of a navy any more

well all 3 of these sources say that is was not laid down so i think it is safe to say it was planed but was cut short due to the naval treaty

Again, same as before.

This isn’t a discussion thread for the Kiis.