Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

well Gaijin has to give every update one British battleship to fill all the tree you propose XD
But really, at least for now from QE class to Nelson, Gaijin should do it for now.

it was more a just what was out there to be and there is a massive amount compared to other nations in game but you would expect it from the former kings of the sea

1 Like

Still hanging out for agincourt considering the current br’s

1 Like

Im fairly certain Gaijin is convicned Britain barely produced any vehicles and the ones they did were bad. They seem to be going out of their way with naval to prove that is the case recently.

Yeah Britain needs the QE and R.

I still have concerns about Nelson. 14 inches of armour on an all forward layout is the second thickest armour in the game (only Scharnhorst), that is also angleable.

The 16" guns being barely better than the current 15" might be a balancing factor though.

Well way much better, would be similar to Mutsu(or little worse as faster speed but lower weight)
But now Mutsu’s AP penetrate 555 mm at 10km, Nelson still would be like 540~550ish in my expectation.

1 Like

Why would that be the case? I would say otherwise, they think british ships are too op and would dominate the games with other countries having no real counter to them. And playing hood I can see why is that.

They would get slightly more pen than mutsu with double the explosive filler. And you get 9 cannons salvo with very nice angle.

1 Like

@NOM1337AD i haven’t done the calculations but IRL they were considered barely better in penetration performance than the 15’s. I don’t know how they will compare to Mutsu.

I am assuming in WT it may be similar, but that said they use the German style projectiles which is lighter but higher velocity so perhaps this will improve their performance.

What is certain is that their explosive mass will be no joke and Nelson herself will be a very good ship able to fully angle with 9 guns.

japanese shell has 790m/s velocity and mass of 1,000 kg
Hood’s has 752m/s velocity and a mass of 871 kg
Nelson would have 788-797m/s (depending on early/late rifleing) and mass of 929 kg

fair, I was incorrect, it would be bit worse than mutsu.

1 Like

My main concern with the Nelson is her narrow belt. At the moment, every shell is a diving shell and my fear is that Nelson might find herself detonation prone because of it.

1 Like

i would say that nelson and rodney are the “glass” canons and that the KGV class will be the “tanks” as they had some decent armor

1 Like

Lack of Inclined armour in RN Ships - All the World's Battlecruisers

Not sure i follow you on the narrow belt part?

1 Like

narrow part underwater. Currently Nelson’s main belt is like those of Renown ingame.

It would be really good if this refit is really done, but quite pessimistic.

3 Likes

Oh narrow and in short underwater, okay yes I understand now. That will be an issue.

To give us any sort of good AA they would need to give us a post-1938 configuration which should include these armour additions so I should hope we will be alright.

They never received any armour upgrades.

So these were just proposed but never enacted? An even bigger shame, just means Gaijin will have to get her draft correct lest she be a detonation prone mess of a ship and not what we need to wrangle the other heavy hitters.

Nelson got some sort of addition to her lower deck though I believe in one of her pre-war refits but I’m not sure for certain.

The picture @굴러온 posted is from R A Burt’s book but i’m not sure of the context around it.

i mean by that logic you could get rid of the kronshtadt

1 Like

Kronshtadt is planned, laid down and cancelled.
This thing is planned, then cancelled. Does not fit your logic.

2 Likes

well we can get the lion class then as they were laid down when the time is appropriate to add them

2 Likes

they also could change the armor to levels the soviets could actualy make