Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

Maybe she is regrouping with Elizabeth

3 Likes

They heard my ‘tone deaf’ comment and decided to be even more tone deaf and remove her all-together (/s)

3 Likes

She must of gotten ammo det’ed by Derfflinger

1 Like

Not to mention if you’re unlucky enough and you’re playing Destroyers, you’ll get to face Bravy and Douglases, both ships that can vaporise you

1 Like

She noped outta there, just like she noped out of Jutland… wait…

1 Like

[Development] HMS Queen Mary: Royalty at Sea - News - War Thunder Have fun with no AA and more 13.5" guns a patch after japan got its 16.1"

3 Likes

Hah I will:) those 13.5 gonna hit hard on 6.3.

Currently unused:

4 Likes

I think these are the better shells at least the XVIIb hopefully modelled from Cardonald Scotland which have a ‘marked increase in penetration’ and should be good for bringing some extra firepower, most likely to HMS Vanguard when she arrives in-game

Sad that Hood won’t get those. But at least we can hope for Renown

Why wouldn’t Hood get them? Did Hood not have access to them? I don’t remember fully but perhaps Hood sank too early to receive them.

Yup

From Navweaps:

The 6crh projectile was introduced in 1938. Originally, these new projectiles were limited to Warspite, Renown, Valiant and Queen Elizabeth. In other words, they were only issued to those ships with the upgraded Mark I/N or Mark I*/N mountings. This was apparently because the projectile handling equipment on the non-modernized ships could not accommodate the longer 6crh shell. Those ships that did not get this handling system upgrade (including HMS Hood) could not use these longer shells.

Hood, Royal Oak and Repulse apparently never carried 6crh projectiles, as they were all sunk before the necessary modifications could take place.

3 Likes

Dammit. Nevermind Hood is a decent 7.0, hopefully Vanguard drops around the same time as Bismarck, Littorio and Richelieu.

Though knowing Gaijin Germany will have Bismarck for years before anyone gets anything close.

Who knows, the idea of benefitting from powercreep means giving various nations an upperhand for a period of time to “encourage” players to grind various nations. Japan used to have best top tier for a good while, then russia, then germany. Who knows what will drop next. Anyway Im pretty sure we are not gonna see bismarck for a good while so in the meantime there will have to be new top dogs from other countries.

1 Like

It’s the same reason hood lacks HE. They didn’t fit in the elevators

1 Like

I see, irl Hood could use base fuse SAP as an alternative which should definitely be added as a feature or a separate shell.

Problem with hood hasn’t been the ammo it’s hitting the target. I love the ship so much but I hesitate to play it in this game purely because it’s accurately is soooo bad,! It’s the complete opposite to the standard British accuracy of the tree. The famous accuracy of these guns and the worst off all battleships I’ve played or at least with the limited guns it has to its peers.

3 Likes

Certainly. I found that there is a record of accuracy which would get this improved but unfortunately I have no way of obtaining it.

Then theres the internal report by HK reporter but we can’t vote on it and it seems to have garnered no attention.

Pretty horrible state of things to be honest.

1 Like

What/where is it?

1 Like

I think the accuracy of 380mm cannons is a balancing factor. I played fair bit of renown and just got the hood and those 380 love to one shot. They do either barely any damage or instant one shot. I think with historic accuracy hood would too op for now, and especially back when it was added.