Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

I think the general argument is that what Britain really needs sooner rather later is something like HMS Queen Elizabeth (WW2 refit) or HMS King George V

Getting the HMS Queen Mary just after getting HMS Orion is kinda annoying. I’m all for these fillers, but at least space them out a bit with other additions. Even if it’s just a light cruiser like HMS Fiji or HMCS Ontario

2 Likes

there’s no british ship at 7.0 in the tt with aa either, HMS hood without its UP, x3 40mm 2pdr guns, of which only 2 can be used in most scenarios and 4 .50cals don’t count. HMS renown at 6.7, an event reward is still without its HE VT on its secondaries (though tbf its fine without them)

its by and large a marlborough with 2 less guns .3 br lower, what’s interesting or diverse about that?
HMS orion is another filler ship with 0 use in a lineup simply because it has literally 0 aa guns. you could’ve foldered it with marlborough and it would improve the tt

currently, with how compressed naval is, any 6.0+ ship that gets added that’s a ww1 ship, is already dead in the water, not only because it has no aa, but because it will be forced to fight 7.0, which is realistically cant.
you compare these additions to russia, who (according to olivia) has another ww2 refit of a gangut battleship in the files, you’ll realize that you grinded the wrong tt

either way, im just glad i grinded the british out before orion or this dropped, so i can ignore them entirely

edit: didnt realize the renown is back up at 7.0, insanity

Didnt think it ever went down

Im welcoming every addition tbh, been playing britain 6.0-7.0 for the past week or two and they feel very nice

Would just be nice to get a bit of variety. Everytime we get a new bluewater recently it feels like it is always a WW1 Dreadnought and they get stale eventually. With hte compression as well. I never bother with them. Hard enough to fight Scharnhorst in the Hood. You stand no chance in anything else

By this logic almost every ship is just another ship with different guns or layout lol. For me new class, new cannon on the BR feels diverse enough

Disagree. 6.0 and 6.3 britain feels really fun.

3rd gangut and 5th ship of similar layout. Now that is boring

Been playing it too, feels very decent after dm changes, feels very easy to oneshot opponents

1 Like

Still needs its draft fixed though. Thats my main complaint with Renown, She sits too high in the water (has been reported by tech mod since before she was even playable)

1 Like

dont get me wrong, you can have fun in a bad vehicle, HMS glorious is a fun ship, not very good to use though due to 15 inch inaccuracy. HMS invincible is one of my favourite ships, despite the fact its incredibly bad

agreed, its just unfair they get their ww2 ships with proper aa defense, while everyone else has to make do with ww1 stuff, thats my biggest gripe with orion and now queen mary, that they’re ww1 ships left vulnerable to cas, not necessarily that they’re a boring filler ship (they are, but you get the gist i hope)

1 Like

for a 6.0? I disagree :)

Zrzut ekranu 2024-06-01 135629
Zrzut ekranu 2024-06-01 150654

I taken those screen shots today and those arent the only BBs I destroyed. I also got 9kill game in a downtier, ammoracking some poor cruisers.

1 Like

I understand wanting more AA cover altho with plenty of decent anti air BBs and Bravy’s being in every team almost every round I dont really feel that much impact fom not having those small gunnery.

Also please dont disrespect glourious, its accuracy may not always be on point but when it does, it can one shot every ship in this BR bracket:)

2 Likes

Hey a Crown Colony or “Minotaur” (the funny one from WoWs, which iirc is actually viable as a suggestion, because laid down) is always welcome

5 Likes

i think that’s the difference with out experiences, i refuse to play navy rb due to the terrible spawns, bots with aim hacks and the like.

i almost exclusively played naval EC, where weaknesses are truly shown front and centre for everyone to see. id ask fresh spawning destroyers/light cruisers to follow me when i played in the marlborough/colossus/invincible, because a single aa gun on a time fuze with a 4~ second reload is insufficient, even with expert crew or manual aim, glorious in this enviroment is just, unplayable, doesnt matter if in once in a blue moon the shells decide to connect with the ammorack.

If i was flying in a plane (attacker/wyvern/mosquito/shackleton), going for such targets that every tech tree is so full of (cept russia suprise suprise) it would be an extremely efficient way to cripple them, where they’d either survive with such damage that they j out, or sink em, tilting a mid game battle where many have BBs in your teams favour.

1 Like

I think so, even without cemented armour modifier buffs as you’ve said the hulls are still well designed with thick armour and compartmentalised.

Slow rate of train is unfortunately only addressed on the Lion class and even then its only 4 degrees/sec.

I hope Britain also gets the lengthened superheavy 16" shells for the Lion class. I have also found some data suggesting the guns on G-3 should be 16.5"/45 and have very good penetration characteristics (closer to those found on Iowa-class) as they are not ‘Nelson-style’ as they were based on the old 15" and therefore use a heavier shell.

We just have to get to that point, which would be fine if Gaijin prioritised adding WW2 refits of the Queen Elizabeth and Revenge Class as they would be perfectly competitive at top tier. As much as Queen Mary is nice, she isn’t what we needed right now.

1 Like

Minotaur would be cool as almost a super modernised Dido class. Shame on her lack of armour though but she would melt many ships.

As well as one of Tiger’s sisterships.

3 Likes

Oh yeah same here, I only play navy AB, RB is too stale, bot infested and lacks variety.

In terms of EC I see the problem. I barely ever play it tho because long battles are not suitable for me and again, it shares most of the problems of RB mode.

3 Likes

No, even to KGV. And it’s 2 degree/sec. Only Nelson class is out of such fate as it has 4 degree/sec

Opposite to me. AB is too fast, CAS is too easy compared to RB, and has to consider too many thing. Capital ship vs Capital ship is what I want.

You are right I double checked my sources, but it depends on which Lion class the later ones was aiming for 4 degree/sec also if Gaijin ever adds them. KGV has 2 degree/sec as you said, Vanguard has the same as Hood at 2 degree/sec.

Annoying but hopefully armour will offset this, rather than current where there is a long period where you cannot fire back but will also take a lot of damage.

At least with nelson, the slow rotation speed is mitigated a bit with the turret positions. You dont have to wait for the turrets to do a full 200+ degree rotation to go from firing at something port to something starboard. Its more like 100-180 at most

Btw the Queen has vanished from the dev server

3 Likes

together with arrows connecting it with Hood and Invincible lol

Also well done people, your complaining made Mary quit:)

4 Likes