Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

That’s another thing. Furthermore her turtleback won’t really help her overall. Krons main strength is the good RoF and gun handling. Though you could really just see her as Scharnhorst without the armour.

Yes a HMS Canada would be an excellent and UNIQUE choice for another ship for the tree likely at 6.7.

That or perhaps a high tier squadron.

Interestingly on my google search it seems that she had and i quote “135.1 CM” of penetration at point blank range.

1 Like

honestly they could add Canada as 1937 Admiral Latorre, to have it fitted with anti aircraft weaponry. 6.7 seems fair given the not so good armor, and those “japanese” 356mm would surely pack a punch.

2 Likes

It will not be same as ‘Japanese’ 356 mm as fuze is very different. But 1937 is still good choice as it not only has AA but also anti torpedo bulge.

2 Likes

Can we expect better performance for British AP

2 Likes

I think they are talking about ground RB, but yeah british SAP is so ass right now, none of the 5.7s is fun to play.

1 Like

You probably gonna hate me now, but it would also be a good candidate for a event ship (if it would mean we could see more of the regular classes in the tech tree)

1 Like

Actually no, I do mostly agree, Canada like Agincourt has a rather appalling balance of firepower and armour which will drive them up to be like British Yamashiro’s.

I think a TT KGV 1911 would be a good ship to place in the tree as another 6.7.

1 Like

I do hope so, particularly for the SAP and APHE otherwise we are heavily handicapped, yes British shells did tend to have less point blank pen by WW2 but the way Gaijin calculates it makes that probably even a bigger problem than gaijins god-awful ship choices.

1 Like

What I expect of ‘better performance’ is actually on fragment shatter. Current short fuze almost makes British AP unable to hit underwater parts or double armored part(even that is thinnest part of USS Alaska). With such characteristic of warhead implemented, things will be much better.

I’m rather satisfied with penetration as nowadays Mutsu and Mississipi shows that 500 mm-ish penetration would be still enough against future capital ships.

3 Likes

I think a TT KGV 1911 would be a good ship to place in the tree as another 6.7.

Britain doesn’t need more ww1 ships with no aa. it already has the most bloated 6.3-6.7 lineup and its terrible.
if the leak is anything to go by, Britain’s getting Queen Mary, which would really suck for the reason above.

it’s high time we start getting our ww2 battleships with actual aa defense on it.

Interesting on the fragmentation point however it does make sense. I would like any rework to British AP really.

I don’t mind the penetration of the current 15 inch, however I have concerns for the British 16 inch as it will likely be fighting Bismarck and H-39 where we simply won’t compete with current shells and penetration calculator.

1 Like

I view Orion as a 6.3 ship as she has the same pen as colossus but with a little more HE filler.

But that leaves just one 6.7 battleship and the other is KGV 1911. I think it is up to Gaijin to first add R and QE classes in WW2 refits and then backfill that rank with KGV 1911 which would be the only other ship before the QE that we have that is anywhere remotely on par with Marlborough.

After that it heavily depends on how Gaijin go. If they do not give KGV the proper armour protection then she is the logical next step for the next br we get, followed by Nelson and Vanguard then G-3 and Lion.

Gaijin: “We have re-calculated British shells and found they were over-performing. They will now all be nerfed in accordance to these changes. 15 inch AP rounds will no longer being able to pen the deck armour of a destroyer”

5 Likes

Na- can’t even kill a PT boat.

3 Likes

With entire new AP penetration in naval, it seems some light on Royal Navy. Even HMS Hood with 470 mm, We could expect 500+ mm on Nelson and late 15’’ AP.

Slow turret traverse of most battleships would still be a problem, but with thickes hull armor and very good shell room/ magazine layout of modern battleships(compared to other nations 1930 fast battlehips), Royal Navy would work well in the future.

2 Likes

HMS Queen Mary is actually in the dev server despite not being in the patch notes, and she’s a tech tree vehicle. :)

2 Likes

Basically the only thing I’m excited for in the naval additions- everything else is copy paste or cold war stuff. Hopefully this at least indicates eventually filling out the BC roster for Britain and Germany (I really want the Moltke/Seydlitz/Derfflinger and the Inflexible/Lion classes).

im gonna be honest, we really didnt need another ww1 battleship with no aa.

I disagree. We definitely need interesting, diverse and complete lineups on every BR, so more people will play those BRs and not treat them as stopgaps to the toptier. There is also no british ship with AA that would really fit 6.3.

1 Like