Bring back the Coelian/Flakpanzer 341!

As an owner of all three removed machines, I want new players to get access to these fun tanks. Germany has no real replacement for the Panther II, and definitely no replacement for the KT105. The Coelian is so much better than the Kugel its not even funny.

All three are far more useful at their BRs than the Maus is.

4 Likes

As a German main who has access to none of these (only started playing in 2022), the attitude is very much appreciated.

4 Likes

Like everyone has said before me no real turret it won’t be coming back and bringing up vehicles in-game that were either added to fill a missing gap do not count as they were added to fill a missing gap.

Gaijin have opened up their suggestions to partial prototypes. Coelian fills those requirements.

Yes, they have opened up to partial protos however they made a hard stance when they wrote that blog that Coelian and the other 2 will not come back, and it’s clear that they meant it.

Panther II and Tiger 105 I understand, they’re frankstein tanks. It seems strange that the Coelian, which is now at an acceptable level of completeness can’t come back to the game.

Yeah I never really understood the whole “xxxx you, got mine” attitude quite a lot of people in many games display when the mere idea of other people getting access to the “rare” thing you “earned” years ago is proposed, especially if you don’t even play the particular thing much anymore:

Gaijin is sitting on a real gold mine regarding all these removed vehicles, be them formerly researchable, former closed alpha/beta test, old event premium, or old event non-premium.

Ideally I would see a “conditional unlock” system not unlike how the OS2Us, Ha-Go, H.35, and F.C.M.36 were reintroduced as an answer to every case.

If the final vehicle you’re after is non-premium, it will be researchable after you unlock it. If the final vehicle is a premium (no matter where it’s from), it will be purchasable with GE after unlock.

The conditions to unlock for everything would be “unlock, purchase, and spade particular machines in tech tree, and in some cases own certain premiums.”

Using the Panther II as an example:

1. Unlock, purchase, and spade the VK 30.02M, Panther D, Panther G, Panther A, Panther F, Jagdpanther.
  2. Spading all those plus the American M10 GMC unlocks the Ersatz M10 for GE purchase.
  3. Buying the Ersatz M10 unlocks the T-V for GE purchase.
  4. Buying the Panther “Dauphine” and T-V then unlocks the Panther II for research as if it was still in the tech tree.

For the Coelian:

1. Unlock, purchase, and spade all German WW2 era SPAA units
  2. Unlock, purchase, and spade the Panther G, then the Coelian unlocks for research as if it was still in the tech tree.

For the KT105:

1. Unlock and spade the Tiger H1, Tiger 1E, Tiger II P, Tiger II H, Jagdtiger, Dicker Max, and Sturer Emil. Spading the Tiger 1E unlocks the Japanese Heavy Tank No.6 for GE purchase.
  2. Purchase the Tiger II H Sla.16, Heavy Tank No.6, and Tigris premiums. Then the KT105 unlocks for research.

For the Maus, it is simply unlock and spade the other three removed vehicles (KT105, Panther II, and Coelian).

This system would enable ALL removed vehicles and old events to be earned by current players if they put in the effort to do so. Such as marketplace stuff that console users cannot hope to obtain. The market would then have competition and become just a shortcut. The rarer a machine is, the steeper its unlock requirements.

2 Likes

Problem is, they’re already here, and snail is not removing stuff people in many cases bought and paid for.

Now it is known that with a wider turret ring and enlarged turret the KT105 could fit its gun properly, and I would not be opposed to changing its model and damage model to something more physically possible.

Likewise, for the Panther II, there are blueprints showing how to fit a long 88 in a Panther F turret, hence the model of the tank can be altered to allow the gun to fit properly instead of the current “just quietly use a KwK42 breech and hope nobody notices the size difference.” Also removing that stupid night vision scope from the hull front if the NVD module is uninstalled.

1 Like

Just checking in, im shocked this thread is still going to be honest. Pretty cool to see that there are other people that want the Coelian to come back!

2 Likes

Never forget, never forgive. We stay strong.

1 Like

And yet we are already so far into year 2024 and we still don’t have none of those 3. So i think we shall wait longer.

I don’t understand why Gajin removed the Panther II, Tiger 2 10.5, Coelian and Maus. First it seemed to be reasonable, cause it was supposed to be just the start of removing all unhistorical vehicles. But after it was done Gajin stopped. The other fake vehicles remained all untouched and meanwhile even new ones got added for Japan, Russia etc.

So why were they removed? Remove either all or none imho.

1 Like

Indeed. They keep stating they will remove/replace the rest “eventually”, but I think this whole Policy/principle is outdated and no longer tenable, given all the controversial or outright Fake additions we have seen so far.

1 Like

i mean at least the maus comes back once a year so we have that but now im starting to see a lot more panther 2s and i want it now to add to my collection

1 Like

they will remove the rest however they first need to find vehicles to replace those set for removal the new stuff added to japan is based off the real version if its the F-16 AJ there is a real version of the plane as its based on the F-16 A that is to be exported to japan for russia however there might be doing the prototype method though not sure which vehicles are being called “fake” for the russian tech tree since most if not all to my current knowledge are real in at least the prototype phase

I would love for it to finally have the H-Pzgr.
Technically speaking the guns are wrong anyway, cince the name Flakpanzer 341 is for its guns Flak 341, which were new belt fed higher power 1000m/s 3,7 cm Flaks, however not represented in game, so at least they could give us the H-Pzgr.

2 Likes

There is genuinely no reason these 3 cannot return (especially with ENTIRELY fake vehicles in game). For one, all 3 are 100% possible. The panther II merely requires the proper gun mounting. The KT105 merely needs the tank to be expanded slightly in every direction. And obviously the Coelian would have worked.

The biggest reason they should be added back is, though, the situation they had. German tank innovation was really slowing down by the end of the war. This is why so many things were just canned. And it’s not like the Ratte, where its literally impossible. All three of these tanks WOULD have been produced and seen combat, maybe even become mass produced, they just ran out of time and resources. These extremely possible designs weren’t killed by them being “fantastical” or “impossible” they were killed by a real world situation.

And also the lineups they were in really need them too

2 Likes

This is a game, so I hope you can enjoy it like a game, no matter how much it’s an illusion
So give me a chance to get the equipment, Guy Jean

1 Like

Gaijin shouldn’t hide vehicles, they should bring back all the vehicles they have hidden from everyone that doesn’t have them. The 10 year anniversary event where you could get 10 different rare vehicles should make a return each year but instead with all the removed/hidden vehicles so that everyone has a chance to get them.

2 Likes