Bring back the Coelian/Flakpanzer 341!

Your opinion, but these two had a place in WT already, so it should only be fair to restore this status in my opinion. Plus they both draw from various legitimate historical Plans.

If we were talking about completely new Gaijin inventions without any historical Basis whatsoever, then I agree that this is not acceptable.

The one in Fort Benning has a working Panther G turret. It would be a nice vehicle.

On the one hand I don’t particularly care much for the 10.5cm Tiger II & Panther II, though the latter does exist just not in the form that is presented in game (Then again I could say the same thing for the E-100). Mostly because I have little to no interest in third generation German Medium & Heavy Tanks, i am way more interested in third generation German SPAA’s, TD’s & SPG’s

On the other hand the replacement of the Flakpanzer 341 for the Ostwind II was a stupid idea, even on a “Historical Accuracy” point since the Ostwind II never existed. To add insult to injury there is another German SPAA that can replace the Flakpanzer 341 that is not a copy n paste foreign vehicle and had a functioning prototype the “Zerstorer 45”, a Wirblewind derivative with 3 cm Flak 103/38 instead of the typical 2cm Flak/38’s but nope, we cannot have that SPAA

Yes, but that turret was put on for US testing and display.

1 Like

Plus it isn’t the Original WT Panther II that was added. The Benning Variant could work for US tree or maybe as a German TT backup, but definitely not as a replacement.

wouldnt it just be a panther G with a stronger chassis and thats it?

Yes, pretty much. Hence why I am mostly against it, except as an additional vehicle maybe. But it is certainly not comparable to the Panther II “we” currently have.

I just hope they don’t put all event vehicles on the Marketplace for some abysmally high prices.

3 Likes

Indeed, saving up 1.3k again or more on the market isn’t something I can repeat any time soon.

cough IS-7 Cough

1 Like

I don’t understand why would you be against the “real” Panther 2 being in the German tree. It would be a nice vehicle to run together with Panther F.

1 Like

The person wants a non-functional vehicle that never existed cause it wasn’t completed due to a scientist realizing why to build a new tank when you can add some metal skirts which did the same thing.

1 Like

No he made a point that irl Panther 2 should be in US tech tree (from what I understood)

Because that version only exists due to the US assembling the captured hull with a G turret. That version should be in the US tree or not in game.

Going by that logic E-100 should be a British vehicle and Maus should be Russian

The British never finished the E-100.

The Maus was completed and trialed before the Russians captured an intact hull and an intact turret.

E-100 was supposedly test driven by the Brits. Russia has the only Maus so they should get in game right? Stop trying to justify this

The British finished assembling the E-100’s hull. There was no turret for the E-100.

The Maus was completed and tested by the Germans.

Those two situations are nowhere near comparable to the Panther II with the Ausf G turret.

I don’t care. Panther has no place in US

1 Like

Sure it does. Plenty of captured vehicles are in game. I think the Panther II G would make a great event vehicle.