Boxer Skyranger 30: Precision+Firepower

Capabilities

• Flexible update rates between seconds and milliseconds during surveillance and target verification. Fast initiation of stable target tracks
  • Covers small and very fast targets (0.8–2,000 m/s)
  • Differentiates between VSHORAD targets (e.g. UAVs, helicopters and birds) and ground targets due to spectral-based automatic target classification
  • Convoy operation for medium-range operations
  • Up to 90° hemispheric coverage
  • 360° all-round coverage with three antennas
  • Track-while-scan for more than 300 targets per 120° sector
  • High detection ranges against a broad target catalogue: micro-UAVs, helicopters, fighters, missiles etc.
1 Like

@Faster_Boiiiii intresting for you as well i would say

sad germany isnt getting FIRST or Q band tracking radars

imma be honest
the A3 turret looks like ass compared to the A1

i like it, the A1 is to flat for me
But the lack of FLIR etc makes it a bit sad looking more add ons /gimmicks always locks nice for me

it has FLIR, just not FIRST

ups had the names switched for a second

Do you know the specific difference?

I guess as well the skyranger has some kind of radar tracking just not a Q Band, i dont know what that specialy would change either besides some rwrs maybe not able to detect it

FIRST is a namebrand product from rheinmetall
IRST is just infrared search and track
FIRST is like a dedicated rotating IR camera and thats expensive
the IRST here will just be integrated in the sensor unit.
the spexer 2000 mk3 is an AESA radar suite that covers 360°so no dedicated tracking radar is required.

1 Like

ohhh so like the Ozelot?

fair enough i guess

a bit bigger. ozelot is tiny

well still sad, would have been a nice feature neitherless

We still get the giant camera turret, and you can still scan for air targets using it as a directional irst. Just no automatic search. And if we get SKYKNIGHT missiles, we will have a fully active sam missile.

the skyranger 30 radars are gonna track and search without the need of rotation wich will ensure always an update of the enemy position and no blindspots

Yes, but it still nice to have an ir track option for the gun

FIRST its an search option for the skyranger 30 not a IR track option, IRST tracking its already included within the Skyranger 30, FIRST can search and track but the skyranger 30 already has IR tracking

1 Like

I am sorry, I meant to say we still have ir track

2 Likes

pretty nice i hope we can see more of this in the future

we probably will
multiple countries have shown interest in skyranger 30 and 35 and its highly adaptable and by itself just the turret

1 Like

the fact that germany potentialy/likely is getting the worst one because we use stupid stingers and everyone else potentialy mistral 3s