Boxer Skyranger 30: Precision+Firepower

yeah as i said its Diehl’s proposal for the anti drone missile programme.

SkyKnight is larger, heavier and not produced. rather unlikely to be integrated and its more akin to IronDome

its a development from Grom which is an improvement of Igla

its afaik the most modern MANPADS in existence

Piorun-NG was announced like last year with a multi-spectral seeker, and more improvements
for MAPNADS its probably your best bet at the moment.

wait germany has plans on this one too?

its an option for integration into skyranger. afaik germany does not plan to procure piorun yet

We only getting old stingers me sad.
Even hungary is smart enough to have choosen mistrals if i remember right

we’re talking about the german military here. EP14 increased by like 1.2 billion and conscription isnt possible because it would be too expensive.

at least we’re developing some new long range strike missile with france, italy and poland because no one cares about the INF treaty and we’d like a slice of that as well

Damn not even Mistral?

sad

Not even the same category of AD. This thing would just be a Gepard 1A2 with AHEAD and a better radar in game. Hard to see it being placed above 10.0.
+1 though

1 Like

damn

it should be able to equip apfsds and 4 stingers

30mm APFSDS only has a pen of ~120mm, hardly an improvement from the Gepards APDS, and you know just as well as me that Gaijin will do everything they can to make sure it doesn’t get pure APFSDS belts as they would probably just add APFSDS / HEI / HEI / HEI belts, and at that point you’re just better off using an actual IFV like the PUMA for AT.

do you realize its a wheeled vehicle faster than any other vehicle ingame with a crewless turret and a 30 mm autocannon with the same pen as the PUMA firing at 1200 RPM?

1 Like

Yes. And as I said, hard to see it being above 10.0. Sure it’s got good mobility, which is what carries it’s BR the most. Crewless turret isn’t that big of a change, there’s plenty of them in game and they are hardly more survivable becuse of it, and yeah it has 1200 rpm, but you’re not gonna be shooting 20 APFSDS rounds every second, because Gaijin would never add pure APFSDS belts for it. At best you would have a quarter of the belt be APFSDS, meaning you’re basically shooting at 300 rpm, the same as the Strf 90s, and with the ammo belts being 252 rounds each, you’ve essentially got 63 rounds at the go, which you will chew through in a little above 12 seconds. It just won’t be the ultra mega death machine you think it would.

1200 RPM means im gonna be firing high damaging apfsds at a target’s side or front at 1200 rounds per minute and even if gaijin decides to make it mixed belt wich i still doubt it means i still get to fire quite a lot of rounds to someone wich is gonna shred them in 3 seconds or less, idk what br it will get but it will be above the gepard1A2 for numerous reasons

1 Like

Which you already can do with the existing IFVs and cannon-based SPAA in the game (and especially the Gepard and other Oerlikon users), not really something unique to it which makes it a massive buff.

yes but at 1200 rpm dont you understand that this means the enemy will have barely any to no time to react?

That compeltely depends on Gaijins willingness on how many shots of APFSDS it will have in it’s belt, but if you want to believe that they will give it full AP belts, go ahead. But I hardly doubt it, and if they reduce it so it gets a bunch of HE mixed in, then it’s hardly an improvement over the regular autocannons we have now as all the HE filler is completely worthless.

issue is that taking in count the feeding its more similar to PUMA its probably gonna be selected more like chooseable specific belts

soooo… about that

https://www.hartpunkt.de/mbda-stellt-schultergestuetzten-flugabwehrlenkflugkoerper-vor/

1 Like