Bomber Buff in Simulator Mode

I know that this will have been discussed at length already, but I just want to add to the feedback regarding simulator mode and the latest update to bombers…

Firstly, in general I think making bombers hardier was a good call. However, it is clear that the devs only really considered this from the point of view of RB where getting shots on target is infinitely easier.

In simulator mode however, something needs to change, badly. I don’t know exactly what. There’s a few things that could be done (whether that is removing player controlled turrets, giving them only a first person view or hamstringing their accuracy.)

Thing is, it’s fair enough in the large Enduring Confrontation maps to say that fighter pilots just need to learn how to engage properly. It’s a fair comment in most cases. However, the one difference to this situation is Ground Sim in aircraft. Those maps are so small that it is virtually impossible to use your altitude and speed advantage properly. If they choose to run away towards their airfield, you can’t get them. If they drop altitude sufficiently, you’re at risk from SPAA and so you’re left with very limited options.

I’ve been in matches now where I’ve been playing as light CAS and I’ve been hit and set on fire from B25s a thousand feet above me, just flying tight circles from the gunner seat.

Some solution is sorely needed to be honest.

5 Likes

The mouse gunning needs recoil added to even things out a bit. These are supposed to be WWII bomber guns, not laser beams.

4 Likes

The first and most logical change would be to give them finite ammo. Should be in RB as well, but SB especially.

As far as I am aware, bombers have unlimited turret ammo in every gamemode

7 Likes

I don’t think they used to, maybe that changed at some point.

They “reload” after running out of ammo. Definetly happens in RB, but im not sure of SB, but its Gaijin, so wouldnt be surprised if they could “reload” in SB as well.

Maybe test it with french hispano turrets? I remember their ammo to be finite in sb

The turret ammo is limited in SB. In the stat cards, the ammo has a limit—from a few hundred to a few thousand, depending on the aircraft.
If you run out of turret ammo, there isn’t even a notification that the gunner is reloading.
Tested with Ju288C.

Ah, my bad there then. I assumed it would be the same as RB

In RB, gunners reload mid-air, but I don’t know if there’s a limit.

Bomber buff in Simulator Mode is a nightmare, no plane can take out a bomber before being killed by turrets. Mostly 80% of players are now just in bombers and always the same ones. This needs a fix.

2 Likes

That is not correct. In simulator battles, once ammo is empty, there is no reload

Shoot from further away?

Came back after a 3 months hiatus…

The game it’s just unplayable right now…

Hard enough to get down a bomber on RB but on SB ?¿?.. and a player controlled bomber?.. jesus christ…

Instead of a light and realistic buff on the damage system and add some mechanics to turn off the laser beams defensive armament they turned bombers in some kind of undestructible doom stars…

sicks…

I don’t have an issue with the damage models for bombers but the gunners definitely need a tweak. Even if they were more mortal it’d be a nice change. Even before the bomber DM update I’ve put cannon rounds square into a tail gunner’s face and he just shrugs it off, the tail fell off before he gave up.

Lower the gunner’s HP so shrapnel from cannon shells/direct hits from lower calibre rounds can kill them as they should and it’d be alright.

There is no limit in RB, I flew for 25 minutes with constant shooting and after 16 reloads they still worked.

1 Like

He has an armored plexiglass sheet or something infront of him.

That won’t stop a 20mm AP round. It’s questionable if it would even stop a .50.

1 Like

Although this has been pointed out over and over and over and over again, first of all the 360° field of view needs to be removed from the Gunner. A Sim should pursue the fun of being a Sim.

How exactly you can attack a fast US bomber effectively right now on this small maps?, frontal is not viable, rear or below is a suicide… uttermost… how exactly you can attack any decent bomber pilot on sim right now?¿

Yesterday i made the tipical 70-80º vertical attack with a 190 A4 against a B25, he got my engine with a single magical 50 cal shot and i barely did nothing.

I manage to get a BV and a Ju88 with a La5, but only because those users was so bad that they flew low and they let me shot from frontal, only pilot sniping kills of course.

RB’s right now is a mess but Sim is simply unplayable and there is no update or news about a possible fix.

1 Like