BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg) Air Forces Techtree

All listed nations have unique vehicles across whole tech tree.

Wat?

Well that is a lie. Almost every nation has a Sherman, Germany has Russian jets, the bulk of Israel’s ground force exists of M60’s and Centurions, and naval wise there are a ton of lend-lease or similar ships spread through many of the nations.

To use an BeNeLux example, following your logic all the Renard single seat fighters are the same, just with minor changes that is not enough for it to be unique.
And yet you now say that all the Bf-109’s and Fw-190’s are unique. Every single one of them?
You got to be more consisted with what you deem to be unique, because right now I’m not following your logic here.

6 Likes

I’m actually interested in what these 7 planes are? Even going by that logic I see alot more than 7.

Israel is a terrible tree with no entirely unique aircraft. China is horrendous at low tier and if I’m not mistaken, there is only one aircraft in the tree which is an entirely indigenous Chinese design (JH-7), all other aircraft are, or are at least based on a foreign design (some of these are serious mods or not in other trees). China does have potential for unique aircraft and it’s a huge shame they don’t get them.

2 Likes

I miss the times when everyone hated Chinese tech tree because it was full of copy paste stuff. Now its used as argument to add even more copy paste tech trees. Sad times…

1 Like

It’s quite telling that you aren’t answering any posed questions.
Hating for the sake of hating.

5 Likes

Hmmm. I am a little bit of a fence fitter here. Excluding Belgian and Dutch vehicles from the tree just because they could go to another nation is silly frankly, but I do respect the opinion that beyond tier 3 the tree becomes very copy paste and I personally wouldnt touch anything past the S.14 because I find it boring. It’s still a better suggestion than independent Ukraine or Norway (and Isreal…).

Personally, if it wasn’t a full tree I’d enjoy seeing the main vehicles become a sub-tree of France. That way it could be condensed into the main vehicles, without so much copy paste. This would add an F-16 to that tree, and eventually the F-35, which France doesn’t have a potential counter for. I know ALOT of people will get pissed off at that opinion, but eh, crucify me.

I am also heavily biased as I started playing War Thunder when it was a WW2 game, because it was a WW2 game and I still think of it as a WW2 game. From a WW2 view point this tree would be great, but from the new Cold War point of view it’s not worth much.

Considering the enormous volume of planes that still need to be added to the French tree, I don’t think it’s fair to the French to just put foreign equipment in their tree. Doing so will lessen their options.

And in all honesty, France doesn’t need an F-16, the Mirages (2000 and 4000) are absolutely amazing planes in the game right now. The F-35 and the Dassault Rafale are at least some years away (let’s hope), and the french have plenty decent missile-systems for their aircraft that could be added.

And regarding Copy-Paste: Most planes that can be considered as such will likely not be introduced in an US or British tree for example, as Gaijin has said they’d like to limit variants of a model to at most a couple in a tree, as most trees are already saturated with their equipment. Rank IV in the tree is the weakest in originality, as most industrial infrastructure was bombed or dismantled by the Germans or USA during the war. Starting at Rank V you can see more modifications of planes that are not in game yet (but could be, without the Dutch/Belgian performance improvements, such as guns, radars and ballistic computers). Most of planes are not like the F-5E in the Chinese and American tree.

3 Likes

That’s fair, but you also have to remember that it’s also made to support the ground tree which has much less copy paste

3 Likes

There is so much potential with this tech tree, +1!

6 Likes

Small update for the tree:

Two new planes have been added. These are:

• Fokker C.10 (Hispano) [Techtree, attacker line]
    A C.10 fitted with a Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs engine and a 20mm Hs.404 autocannon.

• Gloster Meteor F.8 ‘I-128’ [Premium]
    A Meteor trialed with a 5cm Oerlikon unguided rocket pod on the belly of the aircraft.

Small BR change, the Belgian Gloster Meteor NF.11 moved up from 7.3 to 7.7. The 7.3 was a mistake that I overlooked when I added it.

10 Likes

Does someone know the estimated turn time of the schelde s21

Mainly depends on wing loading but i’m not expecting less than ~19.5 s

For the Dutch the F-84G Thunderjet could be added to the tree.

The NF-5 would seem better

1 Like

I really don’t like the F-84 tbh lol

NF-5 is a pretty unique aircraft

3 Likes

Yea it has kind of the same construction as the j21 so i think it is around the same time

The J21 flies like a fat cow tho so might not be good

Let’s delve into the potential of the BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg) Air Forces Techtree for War Thunder.

1. Historical Context:
  • The BeNeLux nations have a rich aviation history, with each country contributing unique aircraft designs and capabilities.
  • Belgium, known for its innovative designs like the F-16 Fighting Falcon, has a strong legacy in military aviation.
  • The Netherlands boasts a diverse fleet, including the Fokker F-27 Friendship and the KDC-10 tanker/transport aircraft.
  • Luxembourg, although small, has participated in NATO operations and could offer interesting support aircraft.
  1. Aircraft Selection:
  • The BeNeLux Techtree could feature a mix of indigenous designs and foreign acquisitions.
  • Iconic Belgian aircraft like the F-104 Starfighter, Mirage 5, and Alpha Jet could be included.
  • Dutch contributions might include the Fokker D.XXI, F-84 Thunderjet, and F-35 Lightning II.
  • Luxembourg could provide utility aircraft like the Pilatus PC-12 or transport planes.
  1. Challenges:
  • The BeNeLux nations primarily rely on foreign suppliers for advanced fighter jets.
  • Limited indigenous development might result in fewer high-tier aircraft options.
  • Balancing historical accuracy with gameplay effectiveness is crucial.
  1. Unique Selling Points:
  • The BeNeLux Techtree could emphasize versatility, with multirole aircraft capable of air-to-air combat, ground attack, and reconnaissance.
  • Specialized aircraft like the Belgian Agusta A109 anti-tank helicopter or Dutch NH90 naval helicopter could add diversity.
  • Historical events, such as the Belgian Air Component’s role in NATO, could inspire engaging missions.
  1. Gameplay Potential:
  • Mid-tier aircraft like the Belgian Hawker Hunter or Dutch Fokker G.I could offer enjoyable gameplay.
  • High-tier jets like the F-16 or F-35 would attract players seeking modern air combat.
  • Historical battles, such as the Battle of Britain or the Falklands War, could be recreated.
  1. Community Interest:
  • The BeNeLux nations have passionate aviation enthusiasts who would appreciate their inclusion.
  • Players might enjoy the challenge of mastering diverse aircraft from smaller air forces.

In summary, while the BeNeLux Air Forces Techtree might lack the sheer volume of aircraft compared to larger nations, it could offer a unique blend of historical and modern planes. [Balancing authenticity, gameplay, and community interest will be crucial for its success in War Thunder

2 Likes